Wednesday, October 7, 2020

September 2019

 


A quick picture after church and before Omi's birthday celebration


Visiting Grandpa's headstone. Omi does this every week.


Omi made these slippers for Kayla


Playing Bingo


My SIL Kris & sisters Jenny & Missy


Omi 💖



Playing rummy


The next day was my nephew Brody's birthday. We went out and celebrated. I can't even remember what the place was called now... I think it was in Draper. It had arcade games, water bumper boats, race cars, etc. 


Most of the adults were pretty worn out after that 😜


Dallin and his family stopped by to catch up with us. The Boyd's were our neighbors a few houses down on the street I grew up on.


Back in Texas... Kayla working on a puzzle


Helping Grandma make cookies


Cousins (...2nd cousins?? Jacob's cousin's kids) came to play


Move food creations. 
She sent home a little book of snack creations with them and the kids always ask me to make one. But I end up doing it. 😬 I'll happily let this stay a fun thing to do with Grandma 😉


Kayla especially had a rough time with me being gone. I got quite a few calls from my sad, crying girl 😢


Jacob's text made me laugh


Kristy & Drew picked me up and we drove to the McConnell's house in Ogden


I just missed the twins by like 4 days 😜


I grew up in Texas and my Omi has always been in Utah (my lifetime at least, they immigrated from Germany the year before my Dad was born and settled in SLC), I always cherish the time I get to spend with her. It's never enough.


Superrr bright sun... but I was sooooo happy to be reunited with my cute family! The kids still talk about how mom is a cry baby because I cried when I saw them. Haha!


She got some slippers from her cousin and they matched her backpack.


This blue car *used* to be a toy at Grandma McConnell's house... somehow (b/c of someone. Hint hint.) it ended up in our bag and came home with us 😜


Wearing the slipper that Omi made her 😍


Busy making things with legos


Bike ride


The ice cream trunk randomly comes to our neighborhood. For some reason, we decided to tell the kids what it is. They had been wanting ice cream for a while and one day we finally stopped the truck and got some. They were pretty satisfied 😉


Poor kid was so tired he fell asleep sitting up.


I went to a dermatologist to get a wart cut off. The kids thoroughly enjoyed the waiting room. Kayla was super concerned about the doctor hurting me to get it off. She cried on the way there. Poor thing 😂 I was perfectly fine, although I still have a scar... hopefully one day it will disappear!


Wilson kept asking for a bite and I kept telling him no. He finally snatched my bread and took a bite and put it back real quick before I could stop him. I was mad because it was mine and I told him no. But it was also super cute. He's such a sneaky little guy 😂


Playing so sweetly together 😍


She had to put on her Jasmine costume since we were watching Aladdin 


Some things... or people... never change 😉


Cute boy riding his bike


I'm super impressed with Kayla trying to spell using phonics. She was trying to write "discount".


She did this in Texas and I found it in her backpack
Kayla
Wilson (She obviously had the first 2 down 😜)
Brel (Brielle)
Krdr (Carter)
Mome (Mommy)
Eulenu (Eleena)
Stef (Steve)


The back of this lego booklet showed a few things you could make from other sets. Kayla made the dog using pieces we had (since we didn't have all the same pieces as in the picture)


Another lego creation... I have no idea what this was supposed to be anymore. (maybe a giraffe??) She's so proud and her creation is kind of cute in its own way 😜


I typically buy things slightly big for the kids so that they will last longer (hopefully). This shoe seems a few sizes too big though. Oops.


Donuts while we grocery shop, not a bad deal 😉 but what really happened was... I put off grocery shopping until we had no food for breakfast and I was forced to grab them donuts while I restocked our fridge and pantry 😂


They love this silly thing so much. and it's only a penny a ride so I can't be that mad 😉 There have been a few times that someone has given us some pennies so the kids could do it (of course when I was trying to get out the door 😜). it was really sweet & thoughtful though!


They both made lego ice cream!


Gig'em Aggies!!


Celebrating Wilson's birthday a few days early. I can't believe I waited so long to document this because now I don't even remember... Either we did it the weekend before because Grandpa Ruske was in town and we wanted to celebrate with him (and he was leaving and Grandma was staying longer), or because we did it with friends... or it could have been both. I really don't remember 😬 We typically keep it small. Grandma Ruske always comes for the kid's birthdays. But we've also had a couple friends come eat cake and ice cream with us a few times.


More names 💖
Kayla
Brel (Brielle)
Krdr (Carter)
Wilson
Dadde (Daddy)
Momme (Mommy)
Ulenu (Eleena)
Stef (Steve)


And she drew a picture of our friends...
top row is Kalvin, Steve, Carter, & Wilson
bottom row is Eleena, Kayla, & Brielle


The whole Fire & Rescue gang ready to watch Fire & Rescue on TV 😜


Putting my 2 year old to bed!!


Birthday presents for my cute 3 year old!!!


Showing off his new Woody & RC legos


Birthday cake & more singing on his actual birthday!


The day after Wilson's birthday is our anniversary.


6 years of marriage with this guy 😘
Clearly we love each other 😜


Wilson loves legos!! (This picture is clearly taken right after I pulled the legos out, since they aren't all over the table and out of the bins 😜


In her own little world using her imagination and I love it!!


One of the cute birthday cards from cousin Bella. I just noticed it has 4s on the cake and it made me laugh. He turned 3. Lol.


A few screenshots from videos. I'm having the hardest time with my pictures & videos... part of the reason I'm so behind. I ran out of room on my computer, and I'm trying to get them on an external hard drive... but I have so many and my computer is so bogged down that it's nearly impossible!! And for some reason my videos never want to move over for me. So one day, hopefully I can come back and add some but until then...
I could hear the kids up to no good. Pretty sure I even heard Kayla tell Wilson "no, Mom will be mad!" Lol. So I snuck up on them and caught him red handed... footed?? On top of the table!
Jacob hid behind the corner and I called Kayla in the room so he could scare her. Team work makes the dream work 😜


One of Wilson's birthday presents finally made it a few days after his birthday. I had ordered it a while before... but I think it came from China so it took a while. He had been begging for a watch like Kayla's and was so happy to finally get one! (You can press a button and it projects an image. You can turn the dial and pick from a few different pictures. They're pretty cool! I just found hers at Big Lots, on sale even, but he was specifically asking for a Lightning McQueen one. Thankfully I found one not too expensive on Ebay.)


Playing at the park!


The kids climbed into my bed one morning and both fell back asleep. Not even mad! 😜


She drew a unicorn! I'd never seen her do it before and thought she did a great job!


Fell asleep reading a book. Poor guy, but oh so sweet!! 
Wilson and I always tell each other "I'll eat up I love you so!!"


A friend came over and babysat for us one night. I noticed this the next day. Her husband's job is ammo. Haha.


I bought both years of the Busy Toddler Playing Preschool books... and even over a year later we've only done the 1st week's lesson 😬 it's fine, it's totally fine 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment