Friday, January 9, 2015

Doctor's orders...

Today is day 3 of 5 that I'm on doctor's ordered rest. Here's how it all started…
On Friday at work, my throat started hurting. By the time I went on break my whole throat was hurting and I was starting to get hot and sweaty, my back was in pain, and I felt like I couldn't stand anymore. I went on break and pretty much cried to Jacob the whole time. I'm kind of a baby… + pregnancy hormones = super emotional… Anywho, I ended up sitting in the back for a few hours and I still wasn't feeling any better, so I went home early. Friday night my head would not stop hurting, and my fever got up to 101, so first thing Saturday morning I went to the express clinic. Of course I was negative for flu and strep. Which is good. But I was told it's probably just a virus. Which sucks because it means they can't do anything for me. Yay for being sick when you're pregnant. The doctor there did however give me a prescription for an antibiotic and said if I don't get better in a few days to go ahead and take it. So, I went home and slept, and actually woke up feeling much better. Thank goodness, because I had my own baby shower to go to. Ha. Sunday was good too, but then Monday it came back. My throat hurt so bad, and I was starting to lose my voice. By this point I had barely over a week before my last day of work, just 6 more actual work days. And I already had a check up scheduled with my doctor for Friday so I really just wanted to stick it out. Tuesday was awful. If we weren't so short handed that day I would have left early. I was surprised I even could talk by the end of the day. My throat hurt so bad I felt like it should be bleeding on the inside. Seriously, miserable. Wednesday I finally called into work and went to the doctor. The doctor I saw said what was a virus went away and came back as a bacteria infection. But because I was so far along in my pregnancy she wanted to avoid using antibiotics, which could give the baby jaundice, and try treating the symptoms to see if once they were treated the rest would take care of itself. She also told me I needed to stay home from work through the weekend and get plenty of rest. Honestly I think that was the hardest for me. I really just wanted to get through my last few days of work, I was so close! And I know how hard it is when someone isn't there, and I had already called in. But I'm actually really glad she wrote me a note. To my surprise, 2 days later and I'm still feeling pretty miserable. I did not think it would take this long to get better. I feel like I haven't even progressed until this morning. I had my check up with my doctor and he told me to go ahead and take the antibiotics. Nothing else has been helping. I took my first dose when I got home from my appointment this morning and then I fell asleep. My throat still hurts, and the cough is still there, but I haven't felt so rested all week. I'm really hoping this does the trick. Also I hope I feel better by Monday so I can finish my last two days of work on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Being pregnant has been one of the hardest things I've done. I knew it wouldn't be easy, growing a human and all. But I didn't expect it to be this challenging. I think I've especially had a hard time accepting the fact that I can't do everything. And I know it's okay, I'm pregnant. But it feels like I've been defeated at times.

On the bright side the end is so close!! Anytime in the next three weeks or so baby girl should be here. I seriously cannot wait. Hopefully my health will be better by her arrival. They say it's all worth it in the end.

And since I've been stuck on the cough resting, I figured now would probably be a good time to update the blog. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment