Friday, January 9, 2015

San Antonio - December 2014

The beginning of December we headed down to San Antonio for Jacob's brother's graduation from the Utah Air National Guard. It was really convenient for us that his basic training was in Texas. In fact, almost the whole McConnell family made it. Unfortunately, his wife (who was 8 months pregnant at the time), their son, one of Jacob's sister's husband, and their 2 girls were the only ones who didn't make it. They were very missed. And I can't imagine how awesome the reunion was when Michael got back to Utah and was able to be with his wife and son again. I was a complete baby when Jacob went to Oklahoma for Thanksgiving without me for a few days. When he got back I told him that he was never allowed to leave again. I can't imagine being in Kiya's shoes. I was thrilled for them to be together again! Jacob and I didn't get to make it to any of the graduation festivities, we did however get to spend lots of time with Michael and the rest of the family that made it there.


Seeing Michael for the first time.



All the siblings that were there on Friday night.

Look. At. That. Belly.

I've been to San Antonio a handful of times, but I've never been to this marketplace. I loved all the shops and of course the culture that was so prevalent. Normally I'm only on the river walk itself and near the Alamo. So it was fun to see this other part of downtown.



Gotta love phone pictures. Ha.
Everything started on Thursday. Janice and Kristy were there with Micheal. And then this was Friday night when more of us had gotten there.


By Saturday, Kim's family had made it there to join us. I love getting shots of Jacob with kids these days. Lol. And it's seriously the cutest the way that Corwin says his name. JaCob. He really emphasizes the C. Lol.


At the time, this was the newest niece in the family. Now Kiya and Michael's baby girl is here. And soon our baby girl will be here. That's 3 girls in a 6 month period. Kayla will be grandbaby #9 on the McConnell side.






Jacob and I were planning on leaving Saturday night, but ended up staying through Sunday. So Saturday evening we went and grabbed some nicer clothes to attend church on Sunday. I really like this dress I found, but it seriously makes me feel prego. Which I am. But that belly...

It wasn't the longest trip, but we were able to spend lots of times Michael and most of the family. It was a great weekend! Also the last weekend for me to travel anywhere. Car rides are so uncomfortable...


1 comment:

  1. It was an amazing reunion :) I'm so glad to have Michael back. Wish i could have been there, but i love the pictures. Jacob is pretty darn cute with those kiddos. Thanks for making my 3am feeding more exciting! You make me want to start my blog up again...or maybe I'll just focus on getting the dishes done each day lol

    ReplyDelete