Friday, January 9, 2015

Christmas - December 2014

Christmas was pretty quiet this year, which is nice. It's crazy to think that next Christmas we'll have an 11 month old. I had decided I was done traveling, so we didn't make it to Katy. We stayed here and spent time together, and with Jacob's family. Christmas morning Jacob and I opened presents. Then we went to his parents house and opened a few with them. And then Gina and Stephen had come over around lunch time and we all ate a Christmas lunch! The next day Gina, Stephen, Jacob, and I went to see Into the Woods. That evening we went back to his parents house where Kim and the kids now were and spent some time with them. Jacob had a whole week and a half off for the holidays, I just had a few days and then I went back to work. Here's a few pictures.


By the time I was old enough to remember, we always had a fake tree growing up. I love that Jacob and I have been getting real trees since we've been married. I can't wait for more Christmas traditions as our family grows!


Christmas morning


This goofball is my favorite


How awesome is my husband? He made me a magnetized scrabble board. Love him so much!


So with Jacob's family we do a DIY present exchange. This year I had his brother, Michael. I tried to make him one of those 'daddy shirts'. The back has a racetrack so kids can play cars and massage your back. I failed. Haha. So I ended up making him a blanket instead.


This turned out much, much better. Haha.


And I think it's safe to say he enjoyed it.


This was Jacob's present from his Mom. I love that she even put his name on it.

Some other random happenings in December…


Jacob was asked to help out with a former employer's float in the local christmas parade. He was pretty excited. I thought it was pretty cute.


The puppies.


Sometimes, Leia has a puppy scarf...



We went and saw the west side of Kyle Field get imploded.


Kaboom!




I had to document this for Jacob, I finally parked in one of those expectant mother spots. His response… it's about time. Haha.

2 comments:

  1. Love Michael's pictures with his blanket! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean you failed?! The shirt is awesome! What a fun idea! Michael does love the blanket though too :)

    ReplyDelete