Friday, December 7, 2018

May 2018



This was a sign that Jacob's parents used to have hanging outside their home. Like loooong before me ;) when he was growing up. It got weathered and I think maybe they had moved and so it was taken down, but they kept it. I think someone had made it for them. Anyways... they refinished it and gave it to us for Christmas last year. We totally love that kind of stuff! And we finally got around to hanging it up!



I love lounging around and cuddling these two <3


Another Home Depot Kid's Workshop!


When we moved here, the base library was in a temporary building while they were remodeling this one. And then it was shut down for a few months as they finalized everything and moved back here. We were so excited for it to open again!


Sending a text to the wrong person... oops.


A much needed park day.


And it wore them both out!! Even better!


At a lunch at Daddy's work! I think this was a Memorial Day lunch?? Pretty sure my pictures are all out of order.


Playing Uno with Kayla. (She had all of her cards down so I could help her.) Y'all... I'm not a very patient person... I sure do love her though <3


Wilson was biting the case on my phone and ending up breaking the phone. So sad. I took it to Verizon and they said they couldn't fix it... but I could get a new phone. But they conveniently didn't have the same model, so I'd have to upgrade and pay (my phone was paid off already). So we walked a couple doors down to a place that fixes phones... and they said they can't fix it either because it will shatter the glass because the way it was bent? I don't know... I ended up upgrading my phone. A few months later I took this old one to one of those certified apple places to see if I could sell it for anything... and they guy fixed it in under 5 minutes for free. And he told me it was BS that the other place couldn't fix it... Now I've got a new phone I guess... and I sold the old one to help pay for my Fitbit... oh well...



We attempted to go see a movie (the black panther)... Attempted. Kayla did awesome! Wilson ran around the whole time and I was constantly chasing him and telling him to come back. Thankfully it was pretty much empty. The last 45 minutes he decided he wanted nothing to do with the theater anymore and I stood outside the door with him. He screamed any time I tried to go back in and at least watch from the side hall. Ugh... I was so mad. But that's on us for trying to get a 1 year old to sit through a movie. A manager did walk by at one point and hand me a free movie voucher. Which was really nice. I'm still kind of bitter though. Lol. Maybe one day we'll actually use it. We're terrible about date nights and only ever go when we have family in town to babysit.
We're too broke to go on a date and pay for a babysitter. And I'm weird and there's only a few people I'd leave my kids with.  And of those few people I'd be cool with leaving my kids with... I feel bad just leaving my kids with them for a few hours... I kind of have a problem. I know... Our last few dates night have been when my Mom was in town... like 3 months ago and maybe 6 months before that. We miss living 5 miles from Jacob's parents ;) Anyways.......


Back to cute pictures of my babies that I'm way too protective of and attached to ;)


Where's Kayla? Haha. One of those rare occasions...


When they BOTH take a nap!!


Momma's boy. Poor thing. Lol.


I'd been having a hard time figuring out what to do with these. I finally decided on a little gallery wall of them. And look at that dresser!! I think I already blogged about it but don't really remember :/ It was my Grandma's. We inherited it after she passed away last year (November 2017). It was a super out dated blonde color, and Jacob sanded it down, refinished it, and added some new knobs. It looks amazing!!


At Grandma and Papa McConnell's house!


Grandma McConnell had to work and Daddy and Papa McConnell were going to be working on cars all day... so we drove down to Katy to spend the day with Grandma Ruske.


Wilson is obsessed with the Cars cars.


99. I despise it. Sorry Mom, I don't think we'll be moving to Katy any time. It's way too crowded for us!


But the kids were already knocked out within 10 minutes of leaving, so that was awesome!


Lots of fun playing at Grandma McConnell's house.



And driving Ruby of course!!! They love her just as much as Jacob and Mike do!!


My babies <3


Sweet cousins (yeah I don't know the technical term. But their Dads are cousins... so I'll just stick with calling them cousins ;P)


My brother Stephen's graduation from Texas A&M University.



Everyone who was able to make the graduation. (and Mike and Janice who were behind the camera)


The day of his graduation was also Angela and Harrison's birthday. So we celebrated them all together.


And then some family volleyball afterwards. Too bad I don't have the video of Jenny and Harrison ;)


Riding around town in Ruby.


It takes me back to our early dating days. I really enjoy going for a drive in Ruby down Texas Ave. in CS. I love Jacob. It's so easy to let things cloud our heads. There's always going to be something more we want... But we were talking the other day how blessed we are. We're totally living the life we dreamed of when we first started dating. So yeah, there are things we wish we had that we don't. There's always going to be something. We've got it pretty good though. He's still and always will be my favorite choice <3


We met Jacob's friend John and his family for dinner while we were in town. I can't help but laugh looking at this picture. Who'd of thunk 5 years ago... that they'd be standing next to each other holding their kids. That and sweet little Jace is a year younger than Wilson and totally bigger. He's a cute chunk!


Not sure how this started... but the kids like to do this when they're changing and growl like a lion. Lol.


My babies on Mother's Day 2018


It's a wasted trip if you don't stop at Buc-ee's. You ALWAYS stop at Buc-ee's.


Yeah I don't even know what order these pictures go in, I just know they're way out of order. I actually got dressed ;P so I took the opportunity to take a pic with Jacob... and then I threw my hair up like I always do. Oh well. Haha.


Silly kid. Lol.


This girl's mind works totally different from mine. I love seeing the things she creates!


Gave myself a haircut... calls for another selfie.


Meeting some friends at the pool


This was the first time Wilson had worn his puddle jumper. He stood like this in the pool for a good 5 or 10 minutes before he figured out how to move around. ("I don't know what to do with my hands".) Hahaha.


In the kitchen, all of the bottom cabinets have a child proof lock. But on the other side of the counter that juts out from the wall, there's a door to get in the back side of the cabinets and it doesn't have the lock on it. So every once in a while when I go to grab something from there... I'll find a cute little present from Wilson ;) (It's 2 cars lined up. Lol.)


Fillmore... did I mention he's obsessed with these cars?? He asks to watch the movie every. single. day. Multiple times. It's cute and so annoying at the same time.


Trying to show Kayla how a magnifying glass works and this was my view. Had to take a picture. Haha.


My cute little artist


We're crazy and decided to try again at the movies theaters. Lol. Wilson did much better... but I may have brought the iPad with us to ensure that. And even then the last 30 minutes he got restless... but mostly stayed near by and listened to us.



Playing in their blanket fort :)


Cute girl wearing Mommy's shoes


"I'm going to work" is what they say as they put parts of Jacob's uniform on.


She loves stacking these and walking around with them... and it drives me crazy ;P


Cute, messy boy :)


Poor sick baby :(

 

Sweet sister helping her sick brother take a drink. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment