Friday, December 7, 2018

April 2018

I haven't updated my blog in 8 months... so I'm gonna do my best to remember what actually happened in the tons and tons of pictures I've taken ;P


I kept walking in to Wilson like this in the mornings and after naps... which leads to switching him to a big bed later on in the month. I feel like Wilson has developed so much faster than we thought he would... (don't girls typically develop faster? maybe I'm making that up?) anyways, we've been so impressed with his learning and growing and developing... and I honestly think it's because he wants to be big like Kayla and has her constant example. He's a cute kid! And a mess ;P


Lining up his cars. I love this age and I love his love for cars. He's definitely his Daddy's little boy.


Playing tea party with the tea pot set from Aunt Kathy. She is still obsessed with having tea parties daily - even months later!


Making a bird house at the Home Depot kid's workshop.


We went to a fun event put on for military families. I'm pretty sure it was called Kid Fest... but that's what I get for waiting 8 months to update my blog ;P


Kayla loved getting to see all the characters


LOL. Wilson wasn't so sure about the motorcycle for some reason. (IDK why, he loves motorcycles!!)


He was happy to drive the car though!


A fun little ride Jacob and Kayla went on. She LOVED it!


Gotta sneak in a family pic when I can. Actually there's this Instagram page I follow called busytoddler (thanks for the recommendation Gina!) and she calls it proof of mom pics... I really like that. So here's my ^^ #proofofmom ^^


First night in a big boy bed!


We went straight to a twin bed. We just set it on the floor for the first 2 weeks or so. Although the frame we have now is only like a foot off the ground. It's pretty low. I have heard him fall out of bed a few times over the last several months. But he just fusses and climbs back in a falls asleep! He did such an amazing job transitioning!! Well... except for naps. They've slowing dissolved. But it is what it is. We survive... for the most part :P


Sweet kiddos cuddling during church.


my girl <3


Speaking of busytoddler... she posted a big thing on transitioning to a big bed right after I did it. Haha. And I felt cool to get a reply from her.


When I first switched Wilson and tried to force the naps... I'd check on him after I thought he was asleep and would always find the room torn apart. Good times......



I love watching Kayla in her own little world and making little connections. She was so excited to have her Jasmine costume and gather all the Jasmines she could find!


Another messy room after forcing a nap...


And more...


So I was pretty ticked with this one. I put Wilson down with a sippy cup of milk. (Which we were able to wean him off of just in time for our big 2&1/2 week road trip in August!! Yay for not lugging around a gallon of milk everywhere we go to get him to sleep at night!!!) I went to check on him after he was quieter for a while and there was milk ALL OVER THE FLOOR!!! I was so mad. And I should have taken a pic but I was too upset and wanted to clean it up. So I took a pic afterward. Lol. Yeah... it didn't take long for me to stop forcing those naps.... ;P


Watering the plants. Lavender and lemongrass that are supposed to be easy to keep and yet I killed them :(


Sharing a bed at Aunt Missy's house. It was tough getting them to fall asleep. They kept kicking each other and fighting....


She loved swinging in this chair


Wilson didn't. Haha.


Having fun at a park by Aunt Missy's house!


Cousins <3


And obligatory bluebonnet pics.


My favorite time of the year in Texas. Which is why we made a trip just for it. Lol.


My kids on the other hand don't have they same feelings...


2017 and 2018. SO cute!!




We also got to see Grandma and watch our cousins perform in their school play. Worth it! It's nice still being close enough to make little trips to see family.



Being helpful... ;)


Kayla wasn't satisfied with the amount of cuddles I gave her... so she jumped in bed with Wilson. Lol. He woke up a little while later upset that she was in his bed. It's cool dude, I like my personal space too when I'm trying to sleep. Speaking of which... we have a king size bed now (since January actually) and we love it. We cuddle and when we're ready for bed we each move to our respective sides and sleep peacefully. Lol. We both have no idea how we used to cuddle and fall asleep being pretzeled. Maybe it's a newlywed thing and now we're an old married couple?? Hahaha.


Practicing actually using my camera on manual... speaking of which I should do it again soon. I don't do it enough.





Not the biggest fan of the fuss of trying to get him to sleep... but when he does he's just so cute and peaceful and not a terror.... and I want to squeeze him and love on him.


Another fun little event on base that the kids enjoyed. They were showcasing the ITT office (Something, tickets, and travel?? I don't know...) and had a bunch of vendors set up. The kids liked the bounce house and characters. And I got free food! Win-win! ;)



Donuts are always a good idea ;)


Finally got frames for the big one and the one on the bottom left... and so I finally got them hung up! It only took a year... LOVE THEM! Big fan of Caitlin Connolly!


I have a love hate relationship with the toy room... I guess they're gonna make a mess of toys no matter what so at least it (mostly) stays in here.


I'm happier when it looks more like this ;P I guess they have more fun in the pic above... constantly trying to find the perfect balance with everything in our lives...


I made some cookies and had them cooling on the counter... SOMEONE helped herself and her brother to them.


They're so cute and happy though... how can I be mad?!


She loves to dress up!


Out! This girl does not nap. Like I can't even force it like I've done semi-successfully with Wilson. But every once in a while she'll fall asleep in the car... and then she'll be SUPER cranky when she wakes up. Like I said... They're so cute and sweet when they're sleeping :P


I'm in the primary presidency in our ward. And Wilson doesn't always like going to nursery... so sometimes he comes to primary with me. This is his (and Kayla's) favorite spot in the primary room. Lol.


Mowing the lawn like Daddy. Lol. It actually shoots out bubbles. A gift from Aunt Kathy- the kids LOVE it!


No comments:

Post a Comment