Tuesday, April 3, 2018

March 2018




Kayla's first time at a Home Depot kid's workshop. They do them the first Saturday of each month. I think I need to send Jacob with her next time, because I'm a control freak and it's probably ok if she does it her way, all on her own. Haha. She had a lot of fun none the less ;)



Anywhere I go in the house, the kids aren't far behind. They're normally next to me, at me feet, or literally on top of me. No personal space in this house... At least for me...


They're sweet though. Good thing ;)


For my birthday we went to the Louisiana Boardwalk. The kids love the water fountains there! We ate some delicious food at Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro. (So yummy!!) And walked around the stores.








Being silly at the gym


Leftovers from my birthday dinner. It was a shrimp, sausage, and chicken penne? (don't ask me to pronounce "penne"... no matter how many times Jacob tells me, I can't say it. Haha)


Playing outside


The kids could spend all day outside!



Watching the reflections from the sun light hitting the sequins on Kayla's pillow


He wasn't a big fan of the sand. Somehow it got on his tongue. Lol.






We spent the night in Bryan the night before my brother's wedding. And I got my fix of Gumby's pepperoni rolls and jalapeƱo ranch dip. I miss the food in CS. Haha.


And the next morning I got to go for a jog at Wolf Pen Creek. I love this park! We miss living here.


Playing in Grandma and Papa's backyard


Waiting for Stephen and Angela's wedding ceremony to start


Love my forever date


Sisters


Wilson was attached to Alyssa or Papa Ruske the whole night!


Love my cute family


Bella & Kayla


Bella, Kayla, & Elizabeth


Bella, Kayla, Elizabeth, Wilson, Alyssa, Logan, & Brody. Every time I'd try to take a picture, another cousin would jump in. Haha.


Elizabeth, Bella, Henley, & Kayla


Kayla was out spinning on the dance floor the entire night!! She LOVED it!


Congratulations to my brother and his bride! We love you guys!


Photo booth with Bella right before we left


Some more Photo Booth pics


Before we left Katy the next day, we stopped at Buc-ee's to check out the world's longest car wash. Wilson normally screams most of the time we go through a car wash. Jacob grabbed his hand before we went in this one, and he was fine as long as he was holding hands. So sweet. And I think he's almost over his fear. Lol.



It was huge!!


Cuddling and holding hands with Daddy!


I was sitting on the couch eating an apple and Kayla said something to me about a pig. I was like "did she just call me a pig!?" But then she ran to the toy room and came back with this. Hahaha. Ok, she's forgiven ;)


Sometimes when Wilson is mad, he bites... This is probably the worst he's done. Ugh.


Delicious dinner I made one night!


Seriously, it makes me incredibly happy to not only have my kids eat what I make, but to actually enjoy it!!


Playing outside with bubbles


My beautiful flower loving girl!





I am not a photographer. But I love that I have a high quality camera (Much better than my iPhone. Lol.) to get some shots of the kids. Even if I just use it on automatic. One day I'll learn to actually use it. Until then, I'm satisfied with what I've got. Haha.





Jacob working on refinishing the dresser that was my grandmothers.




This kid has a serious temper...


He loves sitting on lawn mowers and "driving". Not so fun when you take him off though...


The kids took my drink from me. A least they were being super sweet and taking turns drinking it. Lol.


Helping Daddy mow the lawn.

Ya'll... My husband is so important in my kids lives. There have been so many things lately where I've been reminded how much they need him. He and I are so different in so many ways (and I think we balance each other out really well), I just can't help but think about how much my kids need Jacob. 

I would not be able to teach them anything about or how to appreciate cars, and working outside, and getting dirty, and mowing the lawn, and playing frisbee, and chilling on an old truck, and being goofy, etc. etc. etc. He is so important in their lives. And they love him so stinking much. Small rant over.


Hanging out with Daddy on his old truck. The kids both love this truck just as much as he does. They love "driving" it. And they love when he turns it on for them.



Chilling on the lawn mower


I love this because he's so sweet. It just makes me smile to look at his cute face.


Trying to put an earring on. Lol.


It's in his ear. Hahaha.


He's SO messy!! Meal times drive me crazy because he makes a huge mess. He insists he has to be at the big, tall table. And that he has to feed himself. No help at all. He's so big and independent. 




I sure love the little stinker!!


Improved "Rey" hair


Did I mention Wilson chews on everything!?


Learning how to cook some no bake cookies. These are Jacob's specialty. She's got a good Daddy.


Singing along to the music at the beginning of The Office. Lol.


Wearing sister's boots and staring out the window.
I don't know if I mentioned it, but like 2 or 3 days after we put these blinds in, he destroyed them. So now several are taped up (we can probably shorten it and switch the broken ones out... but we'll wait until he's older ;P) and we keep them pushed out of his reach when he's awake. Lol.


Trying to expand my hair styles.


Reading with Papa!


Showing Papa the Boardwalk. We showed it to Grandma when she was here in January. 


TRUTH YA'LL
I say "howdy" all the time and no one else does. Also all of my shirts are maroon, A&M, or Texas related. Lol.


Checking out the museum on base. It was really neat to walk through. And outside they have tons of retired planes. And Jacob could go on and on about all of it. Plus the kids are obsessed with the "big, big planes". So if you come visit us, we'll probably take you here. Haha.




So the week before this I saw something online about a ticket lottery for a Jason Mraz concert. It was for tickets in the first 6 rows. Cool I thought. Probably won't get it but why not try. And then it asked for your credit card info because if you got it, it was $15 a ticket. So then I was super skeptical... but for some reason I went through with it anyways. (Smart, right? ;P) Then I found out I got picked! (I was honestly worried until they scanned our tickets and we walked into the building. Hahaha.) So my parents were nice enough to drive up to us and spend their anniversary watching our kids so we could go out. It was nice, because we never go out without the kids. And the concert was AMAZING!!!! And I think we got a steal of a deal with $15 a ticket. Lol.


Finishing our dinner at Twisted Root Burger. Their fried pickles and dipping sauce ARE SO DANG GOOD!!


Our seats. We were in the 6th row with a perfect view. (Even with people in front of us. Lol.)


Love this guy!!


Jacob Mraz was so incredible! He has an amazing voice! (Phenomenal acoustic!!) He is hilarious and a fantastic entertainer! About 10 minutes in to the concert I realized that he sings mine and Jacob's "song" I won't give up. (I don't think Jacob believed me that I just realized that, but I did. Lol.) It ended up being the last song he played and I was so happy!!!


"You and I"


"Lucky" and making jokes

 

"I won't give up"


We got "egged" one Sunday afternoon. They made good time. I had just closed the curtains in the living room 10 or 15 minutes before we got the knock on the door. The kids had a great time getting all the eggs out of the yard. It was a really sweet thing someone did!



He's so stinking mischievous... I may or may not have joked to Jacob that the two little bruises on his forehead are "the marks from where they cut the horns off"... Who knows if I actually said it or not... Lol.


Jacob finally finished my grandma's dresser! He did so good! It looks great!!


We didn't really take any before pics, but if you look at the bottom of the mirror, thats what it looked like before. The night stand is already sanded down.


Done staining and about to put the finish on


The finished product. New handles and all! I've got a pretty talented man ;)


Kayla can do this 24 piece puzzle all by herself. I don't know if that's good for her age or anything... I'm pretty proud of her though!!! 


Cute, silly girl!


Holding hands and talking about best friends. Lol.


Wilson shenanigans

No comments:

Post a Comment