Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Bee Anxiously Engaged RS Activity

In January, I was called as the Relief Society Activities Committee Leader. I kind of misunderstood and thought that most of the year was planned out already, and that I was really going to ease in to the calling. Ha! I found out in mid February that the March activity was a few weeks away and needed planned. Thankfully I had a lot of amazing help!! Our ward combines with another ward in our building for activities. The sisters that helped plan were so awesome, and I guess in the end I was still really eased in to it all. Lol. The activity turned out so good! We had a great turn out in numbers, some great messages, delicious food and cupcakes, and everyone had fun working on their craft to take home. Total success! ...And then the weekend after the activity, I was called as the 2nd counselor in the Primary Presidency. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Haha!


Our invitation


The RS president in the other ward took charge of the decorations and did an INCREDIBLE job!


She made all of these beehive centerpieces!!


Our set up for the craft and an example


Pre-made strips of ruffles
(I actually kind of enjoyed making all of them... if my kids wouldn't have been crying at my feet the majority of the time. Lol.)


We had a sister in one of the wards that has bees come and talk to everyone about bees and beehives. It was great. And it tied in perfectly with my message from Elder Ballard's talk "Be Anxiously Engaged".


Dinner was super simple, but it turned out sooo good! Chips and dip, fruit, crescent sandwiches, and lemonade.




These cupcakes were just from Sams. THEY WERE DELICIOUS!! And again with the adorable decorations!


Each of the sisters stamped their fingers and added a bee to the hive.



"Your simple, daily acts of service may not seem like much in and of themselves, but when considered collectively they become just like the one-twelfth teaspoon of honey contributed by a single bee to the hive. There is power in our love for God and for His children, and when that love is tangibly manifest in millions of acts of Christian kindness, it will sweeten and nourish the world with the life-sustaining nectar of faith, hope, and charity."

Some sisters shared how Relief Society and the sisters in it has blessed their lives. With each simple act of service, you can see we start to make our own hive.






Everything turned out great thanks to the sisters who helped plan and prepare and also to everyone who showed up. My testimony of the importance and necessity of RS activities was definitely strengthened. Now I'll make more of an effort to attend them myself ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment