Wednesday, October 19, 2016

September 2016

I've said a few times already that the last trimester was rough... but those last 3 weeks were absolutely, completely miserable.


On September 1st, I had my 37 week check up. Even though the 24 hour urine test came back good, the doctor was still a little worried about my blood pressure being elevated. I knew she would want to send me to the hospital for monitoring, so I had my Mom come up. To make matters worse, I kept telling myself that if they were worried about it, and I was already 37 weeks, that they should just induce me. After a few hours at the doctors office, and 4 hours at the hospital for monitoring my blood pressure and to check on the baby's growth, they sent me home. And every single appointment after that, my blood pressure was absolutely perfect. Which is a great thing, unless you had convinced yourself that they were going to induce you early because of it... Just throw the back and forth of thinking you're going to have the baby and then getting sent home with being 9 months pregnant... it was such a bad few weeks. And even though I tried to put on a good face when people asked how I was doing, I was having a really difficult time.


Bella was going to spend the night the next night and I was going to watch her most the day Saturday while my brother was at the A&M game. My mom decided it was too much for me (and it probably was) so she stayed Thursday and Friday, and took Bella for the day on Saturday to give me a break. (She would have taken Kayla too, but I wouldn't let her take my baby, no matter how miserable I was)


I sure love these sweet cousins. Kayla adores Bella.


Someone in our ward was giving away this sleeping bag, and Jacob and I had talked about getting Kayla one, so I grabbed it. She loves it! We haven't gone camping yet, but for now she loves to sit on it and watch TV or cuddle with it.


Aunt Missy sent some cute flip-flops with my Mom one day, and Kayla loves them! And she looks pretty cute, too. (And like a little girl and not a baby!!)


When you have enough bananas in the freezer for a double batch of chocolate chip banana muffins...


Everyone was happy about the double batch ;)


Having a hard day and I came across this smiley face as I was making dinner. It made me smile.


#IfIFitsISits


Too cute not to share!!


Some sweet sisters in my ward put a little baby shower together for me. I'll admit, it was kind of hard for me to say yes to. I am not a fan of being the center of attention, plus everyone putting all this time and effort into a party for us, and all the people who bought presents... I had a lot of anxiety over it. But the sister who asked to do it made a point of everyone just wants to celebrate with you, so I said yes. I'm glad I did. They put on such a cute little shower and everyone had a great time! (Sadly though, these are the only pictures I have)





That belly though...


Kayla shenanigans. Funny story about this. Jacob had been thinking about getting me one of these new Yeti lids with a straw for a while. We went to Academy and they had some, so he grabbed one. Kayla played with it the entire time we were there. And I obviously was watching her since I took a picture. It wasn't until we paid for it, and went home, and Jacob went to test it out that we realized it wasn't even the right lid. Someone had taken a normal lid and switched it with what should have been in this package. (It should have a hole in the center for the straw to go through, this just has the slip on the side to sip through.) We went back and got it straightened out, but I just thought it was kind of funny that I watched her playing with it and never even noticed it wasn't right until after we bought it and got home.


The hair line is a little funky, but I was pretty excited that I could braid her hair finally.


#IfIFitsISits

No comments:

Post a Comment