Tuesday, October 18, 2016

July 2016


I get anxious. It's just something that Jacob and I have come to terms with. One of the things (many things, if we're being honest) that I get anxious about is when I'm anticipating an event and planning things out in my head, and then things don't go to plan so I fall apart. But I've been working on it. So the 1st weekend in July we were planning on going to Katy. And I hadn't even done laundry let alone started packing because I didn't want to start the usual downfall. And then I get this text from Jacob basically saying that he was getting off work early... One day I'll learn that even when I plan to not "plan" because the plan never goes the way I want it to, I should still plan to follow my plan and just roll with the punches as they come. If that made any sense at all, it did in my head... For the record we still didn't leave until 5pm, but it's better than 7 or 8pm which is how late it would have been if he wouldn't have gotten off early that day.


We started off the long weekend with a trip to the Houston Zoo.


For the record, Houston is A LOT hotter than Fort Worth.


I felt like I deserved a peach milk shake after such a long, hot day. And I was a little too excited about being able to set it on my tummy and drink it without holding it ;)


Before heading home to College Station to celebrate 4th of July, we stopped in Kingwood to celebrate my nephew's 18th birthday.


A few weeks prior to this, Jacob was sick. It turns out there was so much pressure in his ears that he burst one of his ear drums. Yeah, that can happen. So thats why if you look closely you can see him wearing ear plugs.



We started 4th of July off with a pancake breakfast with Papa's ward.



Kayla loves playing the piano


That evening we went to watch fireworks at the George Bush Library and Museum. They even had free admission that day. The only downside was all of the other people who were there. You could hardly even walk around... But we still had fun. It's kind of become a tradition to watch these fireworks, whether it's from the grass outside, or on top of the parking garage a few miles away, like we did the year before.


A beautiful sunset and a cute little girl!



So close, yet so far. I wish I were one of those women who loved being pregnant, because it really is an amazing thing. But I'm not. Never have I enjoyed being pregnant and I probably never will. It's hard. It's more than worth it. But seriously, it's so difficult. Props to all the pregnant women out there...


A few days later, we went to my father inlaw's boss' house for his annual firework show. They kept telling me this guy went all out. But oh my gosh, it was incredible!!


We were literally that close to them lighting them off. And there were so many of them that it was almost clear as day...


SO MANY FIREWORKS

It was so bright, so loud, so scary, yet so awesome!


#cowappreciationday

It was such a hoot to watch Kayla moo all day long. Hehe. We only went for breakfast but she loved it!! And thanks to her big cousins for decorating her chicken sign for her.




We also decided to stop by the once upon a child in Katy since there were a few things I wanted that I wasn't finding at ours. Kayla still thinks that the boppy is for her...


My last time clocking out as a Walgreens employee. It was so bitter sweet. I worked there for just short of 5 years. The 1st several months were probably the hardest. I probably cried after work the 1st few weeks. I can't tell you how many nightmares I've had involving this place. Haha. But my employment with Walgreens has been one of the biggest blessings for us. Especially since having Kayla. Like I said, clocking out for the last time was bitter sweet.


This cute shirt that Kayla is wearing was given to Jacob when he was in kindergarten. He doesn't always like to get mushy, but I know that it melts his heart seeing his baby girl in his old shirt.


Hanging out at the park with these sweet girls. Their daddies were playing frisbee. They had fun joining in and also going to play at the park. As for me, it was too dang hot for an almost 8 month pregnant woman to be in 90* at 6pm at night..... 


After Kayla's first Sunday going to nursery. 18 months is a pretty big milestone for mormon moms and dads. Haha. Jacob said she walked and saw the puzzles and more than happily sat down. Too bad she doesn't still do that 3 months later...



And it totally wore her out, which was another win in my book ;) 3 hour long, after church nap for everyone!!


Heading to Oklahoma for Jacob's cousin's wedding. it's a long 6 hour drive for a little girl (and a pregnant lady...) You do what you have to do to survive. Haha.


The night before we left, Jacob got annoyed with one of her toys and took the batteries out. So she's using her pen trying to unscrew this toy like she saw her daddy doing. She is so much like him in so many ways!


Hanging out at Granny's house. Kayla loves this little rocking chair!


Headed to Kyle and Chloe's reception.
I sure love this cute family of mine!


No comments:

Post a Comment