Tuesday, October 18, 2016

June 2016

That last trimester of pregnancy was rough! So here I am a month postpartum, finally updating on the past 5 months ;)


I don't even know if hashtags work on blogger, but I swear Kayla's life motto is "if I fits, I sits" (Have you ever seen those videos? They're hilarious. Look it up on youtube, you won't regret wasting your time watching. Haha!) But either way, I'm just gonna start using a hashtag anyways because I have so many pictures like this... #IfIFitsISits


Not only does she like to see if she can fit into things, she's notorious for putting toys in random places. Her favorite place is in dad's work boots. I had this drawer slightly open for a few days (I know, pretty pathetic but like I said that last trimester was rough.) and when I went to close it I noticed some toys hiding in it.


One afternoon I got caught up in running errands that I guess I let her go too long between diaper changes. Ugh, I felt so bad... On the bright side her car seat cover probably needed to go through the washing machine anyways...


For Mother's Day (it was a bit of a belated gift) Jacob got me a camera. I've been eyeing one for a while. I intend to learn to use it on manual mode... but for now auto mode and I know each other real well ;) We were both pretty excited when it finally came in that we just had to start playing with it. Kayla is pretty cute, she's even cuter with a fancy camera ;)


In case you haven't noticed, we're kind of big Ford fans. Currently there are 3 Fords in our drive way, and one more that we own sitting at Jacob's parent's house...


When the slide is much faster than you expect and you plop right off the bottom onto the ground. Jacob caught it perfectly.


Sweet Bella!


Celebrating my nephew's high school graduation


My sisters and I at Bailey's graduation party


#IfIFitsISits


Jacob wrote this on a roll of tape at his parent's house. His Mom went to use the tape a few days later and ripped this part off and stuck it on the file cabinet. 4 months later and it's still there. Lol.


SO stinking cute! She had just woken up from a 3 hour nap and was super happy. Mommy loves when that happens. Sadly it doesn't happen enough.


One evening after a long day, I mentioned to Jacob that I needed chocolate. Not even 20 minutes later I was in the other room and he walked in and handed me this. He didn't even leave the house!! It turns out he had chocolate hidden from me, for me. Best husband ever!! ;)



We took Kayla to see her first movie in the theaters. Jacob's parents went with us. We probably won't take her to the theaters again for a while. Haha. She did fairly well. It helped that there were 4 laps for her to jump around between. The last 5 or 10 minutes were pretty rough on her (and me) though.


One day at Grandma and Papas, Kayla decided she needed to feed herself. And she's been feeding herself pretty much every meal since then. She impresses me quite often. And luckily over time it's gotten less messy after each meal ;)


Kayla and I decided to crash Grandma and Papa's (Ruske) trip to Fort Worth. We were several stories up at this hotel and her favorite place to sit was next to the huge window. She's kind of fearless sometimes. I, on the other hand, was so nervous with her every move next to it. Haha.


While grandma was in her meetings, we went with Papa to the Fort Worth zoo.


I don't know why we took such an awkward picture. I think we were just trying to be at Kayla's level.


She really enjoyed all the animals.
(And as cute as this picture is, it makes me so sad at the same time! She was still a baby. Look at those chubby cheeks! And now she's thinning out and is so big. It happens too fast!!!)


We wore Kayla out so well that she passed out before we even left! The fact that I survived is another miracle!


Those long drives are hard for little ones. Although it was pretty cute that she fell asleep reading one of her books.


A few days after we got home from that weekend trip, Kayla decided to continue to prove to me how big she is. Our kitchen table and chairs are taller than standard size and I thought it'd be a while before she would even try to climb up. Nope. She climbed up and sat right down. I was on the phone talking to my sister and cooking dinner at the same time, when I turned around and Kayla was just sitting and hanging out at the table. I was pretty shocked.


This cracks me. Haha. She kept wanting me to put bows in her hair, so I did.




No comments:

Post a Comment