Thursday, June 16, 2016

March 2016


Sadly, both of us showered and dressed at a decent hour is not normal around here, as of lately. Our normal attire is pajamas and messy hair ;) And Kayla normally takes a bath at bedtime, but on this day I gave her one during the day and was able to do her hair. I just couldn't get over how cute those little pigtails were!!


I love how long her hair is getting and the fact the I can do something with it. I feel like we're getting so close to being able to braid it ;)


We voted! It was a longgg wait and Kayla was such a good girl for us. She ended up with a few stickers. Perks to being so cute ;)


Kayla LOVES Elmo! And this one is just her size. I just had to snap a pic. She was devastated when I put it back on the shelf...


I mean we only waited until Kayla was almost 14 months old, but we finally got around to putting locks on the kitchen cabinets. It's so nice not dealing with her breakdowns because she gets in trouble for playing in the cabinets. Seriously, why did we wait so long?


The week before my birthday, Jacob won a dinner for 2 to a local steakhouse from one of the morning radio shows. He ALMOST kept it a secret to surprise me for my birthday. But he thought my birthday was on a Sunday, and decided to tell me because he didn't know if I'd rather go on Saturday or Monday. Well my birthday was actually on a Monday… A for effort ;) We ended up going out Saturday night and just celebrated my birthday for a couple of days. I wasn't even upset about that. Haha. 


We found a cool little swing at one of the parks in town. Kayla really liked it. We actually went back last week and it's way too hot in my opinion to use it now, but it was fun while it lasted. Haha.


Celebrating my birthday with Jacob's family. He made me a cake. A pink one :)


She loves to take care of her baby doll. Here she's putting the little headband on it. What a sweetie!


Always trying to "help" me… ;)


So a while ago we found a burger recipe that we really liked. Jacob decided to make it again and went out to buy everything we needed. I went in the fridge and noticed something yellow under the package of cheese. Silly boy was trying to hide cookies from me...


Cute Kayla girl loves to sit on this ledge at Grandma and Papa's house


Free ice cream cone day at DQ. It was Kayla approved!


At the end of March all of my family got together to celebrate my big brother's 40th birthday. These cute cousins had a blast together! We walked to this park from my Mom's house and it put Kayla right to sleep. Here's proof that she was there while the other cousins played!


And then we took another walk later in the day. This time Bella stayed at the house for a nap.


If you haven't noticed, I love it when Kayla is matching her cousins… Haha.


Spinning. Kayla loves to spin in circles and normally says "wee wee wee" as she does it. So cute!


Trying out a newer park in Katy, Exploration Park. Everyone had a blast!



Again, Bella stayed at the house to sleep, but she also got to go to this park earlier in the week.


Love this cute little, but growing, family of mine!



The week before my brother's party was spring break for all the cousins. So Kayla and I actually hitched a ride with my sister and her family on their way to Katy a few days earlier than Jacob. When he drove down, he came in Ruby. I'll admit it wasn't terrible, but I did have to make it clear to him that being pregnant, I would have much preferred the comfort of one of the other vehicles… He was happy though, so I tried to put on a smile. Lol. The wind was crazy after church on Sunday, but here's a cute/crazy haired picture of Him, Kayla, and Ruby(the red car).


And one of us. Love this guy, antics and all!


The next weekend we met up with Jacob's oldest sister and her family to go camping. Meridan State Park. It was beautiful!! The weather was actually kind of perfect. And the park had bluebonnets all over. We barely even explored. So we definitely want to go back and explore more. But maybe after the summer… Yesterday I stepped outside and decided the only way I can survive the rest of the summer and being pregnant is if I'm in the A/C the whole time… Sad but true. It's nasty hot already!!



Kayla and I went on a short walk to find some cute places to take bluebonnet pictures. They were seriously everywhere. I love spring in Texas!!


Jane and Kayla. These cute cousins are just under 6 months apart.


The evening we got home from camping was the General Women's Broadcast for our church. I went to it with my Mother in law, Janice, and my sister in law, Gina. Shortly after it started, Jacob sent me this cute picture of Kayla. Apparently they went to the local airport and as they were admiring one of the planes, the owner told them to put Kayla in it and take a picture. Kind of random since I didn't even know they went, but totally adorable!!!


With Gina and Janice after the conference. The conference is bi-annual and over the past few years we've made it a little tradition to go together. Sadly, Gina and Stephen moved up to New Mexico in May, so I made sure we took one last picture of us all together (at least, all of us living here and going together. I'm sure we'll find our way there together again).


Our family, Easter 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment