Thursday, June 16, 2016

Baby #2

I feel like I kept this a "secret" for a really long time. At least from social media. We found out right at the beginning of January, and didn't "announce" (on social media) until May. We've been telling people in person since February, though.  Funny story… Christmas day, we found out that Jacob's sister was pregnant. A few days later, we found out our sister in law was pregnant (His brother's wife). Both due the same week in July. And then a few days later, we both KNEW I was pregnant. I don't know how else to explain it, but we both knew it. It took over a week to get a positive test. I was in shock for a while. Haha. But we are so excited for this new addition. I like to think Kayla is excited too. She's really sweet to my belly. Rubs it, and gives it kisses. And she's the sweetest thing to her dolls and stuffed animals. I'm going to take that as a good sign that she's excited to be a big sister. Haha. Just a few pictures. Now I can include the pregnancy in my future posts… I left it out in my Jan & Feb posts ;)


Even though we knew I was pregnant before I ever took a test, I was in total denial...


So I took another one, although neither were obvious, I think I was still testing too early, but they both meant I was for sure pregnant.


Before Kayla, I loved all things spicy. My pregnancy with her calmed me down. Even after she was born, I just didn't crave the spice like I used to. That was one of the reasons we knew I was pregnant. I went through a bottle of hot sauce in less than a week...


I decided to take some big sister pictures when I took some of her first birthday ones.




The first trimester was pretty rough. I spent it laying on the couch. Kayla didn't mind too much, because she got to watch lots of PBS. I kept hoping as soon as the 1st trimester was over that I'd feel better, unfortunately it took a while longer. I've just accepted that fact that I will never enjoy being pregnant. I almost feel bad. But it's hard! And at this rate I've come to the conclusion that it only gets harder each time. (But I'd like to get through this pregnancy & labor before I start thing about the next one. Haha) Now that the constant nausea is gone, I have zero energy. I have no doubt that all of this is more than worth it. But it's been a struggle. I seriously admire those I know that have made it through this. So thanks for being an inspiration Mommas, seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment