Thursday, June 4, 2015

Dallas w/Grandma and Bella

We've been taking weekend trips more in the past few months than we have over the past year or so. I guess I was pregnant and working and now I'm home with the baby and have more time. (Funny thing about time... I find that I have more time but still not enough. Crazy how that works out. Ha!) Back in April, my parents were supposed to go to Dallas, but my Dad ended up getting sick so he stayed home. As my Mom was packing to leave from Katy (and stop in CS on the way) I told her Kayla and I could go too. On the way up she called my brother and hinted at taking Bella for the weekend, and then by the time she got to town he called back and said that she could come too. Of course this whole time my sister thought it was just my parents coming up. And then the 4 of us showed up ;) Good thing she loves visitors! We went up Friday afternoon/evening. Saturday we went to the twins soccer game, went out to lunch, and then just hung out. And Sunday we went to sacrament meeting and then drove back to CS.



These cuties scored 2 goals each this game!!


Sweet cousins!


Kayla LOVES her cousin Alyssa!


Alyssa insisted on riding with us. I loved this view of the 3 of them :)


Dadda was missing his girls!


Cute Bella!

On Sunday after sacrament meeting we rushed back to CS so I could teach relief society in my ward. I totally thought after a few times the nerves would go away… yeah still waiting. Ha. But really, I've come to appreciate this calling because I really have to immerse myself in the lesson and I feel like I benefit a lot from it. Anywho… After my ward I repacked mine and Kayla's bags and we followed Grandma to Katy to spend a few more days there. We got to eat Grandpa's yummy pizza Sunday evening and spend some time with the Mowers. Monday, my Mom and I had a dentist appointment. (Dr. Crabtree has always been my dentist. The picture on my file is still when I was like 3 or 4. And I don't have it in me to find a local one. Plus it's a good excuse to go to Katy every 6 months. Lol.) Then we hung out with the Seckingers for a little bit. And Monday night Kayla and I met up with Chrissy and Emma for some much needed catching up. Tuesday I went to an activity with my Mom. (Now I'm super interested in canning but still haven't gotten around to doing it. There's that time thing again...) and then we headed home. We were all happy to be together as a family again!!



I love the way her little nose scrunches when she smiles!


Cousins!


Kayla was a fan of Hutch!





Kaylas first time in the stroller without being in the car seat. She was so happy!


We came home from Katy with a bumbo. I can't believe how well she was sitting in it for being a week short of 3 months. ( I have no idea when babies should be able to sit in it. It just amazes me how fast she develops. But what parent doesn't think their kid is awesome?! Haha)


We missed our Daddy


And his missed his cuddles! (They're his favorite!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment