Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas and Stephen's Wedding!

This year for Christmas I only went home for about 2 days. And I was fiancé-less. So sad. But anyways I went home Sunday right after work and the whole family was there. We did our family exchange and I got some awesome presents from my nephew Logan. Check this out...


Coolest mug ever = one happy/ proud aunt :)

Monday I was brave enough to go to the grocery store. Everywhere I drove by was awful. I've never seen the HEB parking lot so full. But luckily when we went to Walmart it wasn't as bad. And I made it back in just enough time to start cooking. And boy did I cook...


Holycraptheseareamazing cookies! They were pretty good. But I made them too big, and I ran out of chocolate halfway through and the other chocolate we had looked... well like poop. Haha. But I definitely want to try to make them again.


Some delish apple pie! And with cinnamon roll crust. I don't think I'll ever make apple pie without it. Best thing ever!!


And then these babies finished just in time to eat dinner! They turned out great! But I cheated and used the shredded parmesan in a bottle. Gotta do it fresh next time and they'll be perfect! 

As long as I can remember we've always celebrated Christmas on Christmas eve. When we were little my dad used to take us out to look at Christmas lights in the neighborhoods around us. And then by the time we got home Santa had already stopped by and we'd open presents. Now that we're all older, Christmas is at Grandma and Papa's house Christmas eve and then Santa comes to the kid's house in the morning. This year Jenny and Chris were doing things with his family and we had a very eager 5 year old who couldn't step away from the presents so we decided to go look at lights while we waited for them to get there. The neighborhood behind Katy Mills Mall has seriously the coolest lights ever. We were so glad we went!




And then shortly after we made it back, my sister and her husband made it there too and there was one happy little girl who finally got to open presents.


Enjoying some hot chocolate after all the presents

Christmas morning I packed up and headed back to College Station. Lucky me got to work Christmas night :P I worked the next morning too and 4pm that day I was wedding bound... at least mentally. Jacob had to work until Friday so I ended up waiting for him so he didn't have to drive up alone. Which I'm so glad I did. Did I mention how much I missed my fiancé over Christmas!?

So we missed the rehearsal dinner, but we made it there not too long after it. Everyone was on their way back to the hotel or already in bed watching tv, so we decided to go to the hotel rather then hanging out. We stayed in the same hotel from this summer when we were all in San Antonio, but this time, we had a river walk view. I was so excited to have a balcony on the river walk. I mean I only went out there once the whole weekend. But I still thought it was awesome!!


Me=super excited Him=smiling because I made him
hehe :)


I should've taken one in the daylight, but we were hardly even at the hotel.

Saturday was the wedding day!! But it wasn't until that evening. We met up with Jenny, Chris, Michael, Rachel, Missy, Alex, and the twins and ate at The Guenther House Restaurant. It was so good! Then the rest of our family got together and went bowling. After that we grabbed some lunch and headed back to the hotel to get ready. Jacob and I had to stop by Macys at the mall and exchange a shirt. So we walked from one hotel to the mall, then all the way back to our hotel. And this whole time I had been wearing cheap sandals. My feet hurt so bad!! We got ready for the wedding and left at least 45 minutes early to drive maybe a mile to the hotel where the wedding was at. And it just so happen to be the same day as the Alamo bowl. Yeah I think I was inside the hotel at like 5:27, 3 minutes before it was supposed to start. And it's a very good thing it started a little late because I was freaking out that I was going to be late for my brothers wedding. But I made it, and Jacob was able to find a parking spot (tons of traffic and full parking lots because of the football game) and he made it on time too. The wedding was beautiful and we had so a great time. I'm so happy for my brother and new sister inlaw!! I brought my camera (that I haven't used in probably well over a year) and it would't turn on. So I just used my phone for pictures instead. Here's a few of what I got.


Their announcement at the hotel.


Alyssa and I.


And Elizabeth too.


He loves pictures...


The couple's first dance.


A cute little goofball.


Mother-son dance. My sisters and I stepped in on this since my mom is on crutches. So we each got to dance with him.


I tried to get a panorama of the bouquet toss.


My fiancé and I :)


With the bride and groom!



The kids had a great time dancing!!

And a few pictures I took from my sister inlaw of Jacob and I :)



And that was the wedding! I'm so happy for them!

Sunday we packed up and left. On the way home my parents went with Jacob and I back to Dick's Classic Garage Museum. We went this summer and wanted to go again. These pictures are all Jacob's doing, they don't mean much too me. Haha.


I think he just really like this one (especially the color).


Model for me he said. Lol.


This is the same or really similar to the engine in his 1966 car.


And he wanted to show this car to someone.

Then we were back on the road!!


It was a fantastic but very long weekend. I was exhausted!


Oh and we stopped and took a picture by this gem on the way back. It's called Cyndi's Hawg Hangout. Same spelling and all. Hehe. And he was taking too long to get the picture. My enthusiasm was slowing sinking away. 


And that was our crazy beautiful fun filled week!! The end :)


No comments:

Post a Comment