Thursday, March 8, 2012

The BIG 19!

Yesterday was my 19th birthday. Not much happened. But I did get to go home. I'm so grateful that I only live an hour and a half from home and that by some miracle I didn't have to work. I had class yesterday morning. Well a test actually. I think I did okay, so hopefully it went well. Then I headed straight for Katy. I can't tell you how many times when I'm driving home from class I want to keep driving on Highway 6 and go to Katy rather than exiting Harvey to go to my apartment. So it definitely felt good to keep driving. I love driving home. I can't really say the same about driving back though. But I love driving away form my worries knowing I'm going to my family and having some time to just crank the music up and drive. I don't know it just a good feeling. I still like the whole music thing on the way back. I just don't like going back to school and work and other things. Haha. But anyways... I got home just in time to get in the car with my Mom so she could go to a meeting in the galleria area. While she was out at her meeting I met up with my sister and we went to lunch. It was really good. We went to Maggiano's. I had heard of it, but this was my first time there. Then we stopped at DSW and had to run an errand for her job. When we got back to her office my Mom was still in the meeting. I think I sat with her for a good half hour or so before my Mom was finally done. Then my Mom had to go to the Scout place to do something for my Dad. Not something I was really looking forward to, but when I got there I found my friend's name on the wall. So I thought that was cool. Then we finally did some things I wanted to do. I fell asleep on the way back to Katy (the exhausting life of a college student :P) and woke up just when we got to Get Personal. Katy has everything! I miss it so much. There's especially no store that comes close to Get Personal anywhere in the Bryan-College Station area. I've been wanting a new make-up bag. Get Personal definitely had more of a Vera Bradley selection than the other places I've been to up here, but I still didn't find any patterns that I liked. So instead I ended up getting a Jon Hart make-up bag. I'm excited! But it's gonna be a while before it gets in. Then we stopped at Ooh La La. Oh my gosh nothing here comes close to Ooh La La!! I found this cupcake place down the street from my apartment. It kind of sucked... They had like 3 different options. And they were just normal sized cupcakes. And not to mention they were more expensive then what you get at Ooh La La. So I was happy to get that too. Katy is seriously a bubble. It has everything you need right there. I miss it so much! So I was happy to be back even if it was for just an afternoon. Not too long after we finally got back to the house, everyone came over for dinner. Nothing too special. Just some fajitas. And then we had cake and ice cream. What kind of birthday cake would it be if it wasn't confetti cake? My family knows me so well :) I ended up staying until like 9:30 because I was finishing up laundry and homework. Then it was back to College Station. I came home to a cute little cookie cake and birthday ribbon from my roommate. Not much happened for my 19th birthday. And I feel pretty much the same as I did when I was the day before when I was 18. But I'm so grateful for the little things. They really to add up to be big things. I didn't take very many pictures, but here's a few:

Mmmm Ooh La La :)


My sweet Brody! I told him to say cheese, he said it really fast so I had to take the picture fast too before I lost his attention. He's getting so big!!


What I came back to :)


Oh and in honor of my turning 19 I decided to get rid of all the high school related stickers on my car....


My passes for junior year parking and for the career center senior year...


The marine sticker was old and flaking off so I finally decided to just take it off :(


And my parking pass for senior year....

Now that I'm a big girl in college I decided to get something still "me", but a little more sophisticated than my old Seven Lakes stickers...


Now I feel even more obligated to go since I have it on the back of my car and all. Haha.

Well that's my 19th birthday. Not much changed from being 18 on March 6th and turning 19 on March 7th. Not much really even happened on March 7th. But I'm grateful for the little things that did happen. And I'm grateful for all the love and support I got. It's a great little reminder to help me to keep pushing forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment