Friday, July 26, 2019

March 2019



We normally go to story time at the library on base. We decided to try a different story time with some friends. We celebrated Dr. Suess' Birthday and made our own Cat in the Hat masks.


Then we headed to Sci-port.


Always a fun time at Sci-port! And Wilson never leaves the POP area dry. Lol.


Unicorn hair


I don't know why she was sad... but look at those tear filled eyes. Lol.


Fun with friends before the Mardi Gras parade!



We got there a few hours early to eat and play. Almost time for the parade to start.


And then Wilson ate the concrete... Poor kid.


Excited about his catch!



All the necklaces... and that huge stash in the chair next to her!


Cute friends!




So much fun!



We had a great time... you know getting all this stuff that will clutter my home and we don't need. Things I despise and purge regularly. Lol. But really, we had a lot of fun hanging out with friends and checking out what was Mardi Gras was all about. Well the family friendly, not in New Orleans kind of Mardi Gras ;P


At a friends house and Wilson decided to go out in the cold by himself and jump. Haha.


Found some more beads in the back of the truck a few days later. Lol.


Sleepy boy wrapped himself up and fell asleep.


And then he wouldn't go to bed that night...


We had some sweet one on one time though <3


Helping Dad make Mac n cheese


Playing


Giving Dad hugs and kisses before he heads off to work


She loves getting her nails painted


"Happy Valentine's Birth-Day Mommy!"
Hahahah. I love Jacob!


<3


Trying out a local German restaurant.


Both kids out! You know it was a good day when they both fell asleep.


A new toy arrived. Surprisingly though, Jacob has been using and knows how to use the silhouette more than me. 


And Kayla got some new books in!


Upset that his pants were soaked...


He got over it eventually.


Always fun to play in the rain!


The best sleepy cuddles <3


Grandma and Papa Ruske came to town and we decided to take them back to the German restaurant. We got the schnitzel this time and it was SO good! 


Testing out the silhouette by finally making some house numbers... it only took a year and a half. For the record, Jacob did make me a nice sign with house numbers. But I want him to take the mailbox down, sandblast it, and move it to the other side of the door and put then number sign under the light. (Currently our mailbox is full of dead bugs because it's directly under the light...) Not his idea, he doesn't want to do it, so it's at the bottom of his list and he's dragging his feet. :P I still love him and I'm convinced that one day it'll get done. One day... At least we finally have house numbers now. Haha.


Get ready for all of the outside riding pics. The weather finally turned nice and we have a very small window, maybe a few weeks, of nice weather between cold and hot that we have to take advantage of down in the south.


Silly girl at the store!


Riding bikes with Papa



My phone was charging on the bathroom counter on a night that I actually fell asleep before Jacob got home from work. Seriously I never do that. Fall asleep before he gets home. Like, I try and I can't. Currently averaging about 6 hours of sleep every night and I'm not ok. I look forward to when he goes back to working day shift. Anyways... found a bunch of random pics on my phone the next morning. There were more.... You're welcome I didn't post them all.....


Daddy got a bunch of car parts in and Wilson was helping him while he messed with them. Love this kid <3 and I love that him and Kayla both are Jacobs little mini-mes


Just being cute!


He knows that he's my baby and he likes to milk it. And because he's my baby he gets away with it. ^Here, he literally wanted me to wrap him up like a baby. 


Like I said, we've got to take advantage of that small window of good weather... all of the outside pics!




She's so cute <3



I don't know why his face is so dirty, but it made me laugh. So I took a pic before I wiped it off. Haha.


Kayla stayed home with Dad and Wilson was my little shopping buddy :)


Almost done cutting down the tree and I go inside for a few minutes... I get a knock on the door and it's Jacob holding this heart. I wasn't quick enough with my phone for a pic though, so this will have to do. Love him <3


This tree was such a pest. It's technically in the neighbors yard though. I had been telling Jacob ever since we moved in, to go talk to the neighbor about it. Almost a year and a half later, and he finally mentioned something one day. Less than a week later we cut it down. So much better now without the stupid berries and leaves and pollen that were constantly falling off of it. Not to mention the bird poop from the berries...



It's a lot brighter and warmer in the kitchen now. (There's a door on the side of the house.) This is SO much better though!!


They made a bunk bed. Lol.


Ew. Dipping apples in chickfila sauce. Kids are weird some times... ;P


"Mommy, I see you!"


I was being lazy and dragging my feet to clean up after lunch... and I realized at one point that Wilson was being way too quiet.... He was at the table pouring the bag of cheese everywhere!!! Ugh.


And then dumping all of the toys. Then... they both have melt downs when I ask them to clean the mess they made... This is why I regularly purge things. I can't stand this! 


I needed a break after all of the messes. Wilson decided he needed to sit on me. 


I love their imaginations!!


Their own little town made out of trash for their cars. Lol.


Watching the truck pick up a bunch of the branches from the tree we cut. (We were told that if we do it in smaller amounts every week, that they'll pick it up for free. We still ended getting charged though for the last load... whatevs. Glad thats over with...) The kids had fun watching. And Wilson as a little Fancy Nancy. Lol.


Lightning McQueen needed to watch Cars with them.


Cute girl loves to dress herself every morning. It's really nice... But she and I have different ideas on clothes that go together. Lol. Sometimes I bite my tongue and just let her do her.


I wish I could sleep through the gym like Wilson...


Bluebonnet pictures are my favorite <3 
We absolutely went an hour out of our way to go to College Station because I knew a reliable place to take pictures.





Plus we got to see Grandma for an hour or so, and Papa long enough to drive over and take pictures and say good bye.


I totally bribed my kid with cookies. No shame.


Plus, plus Gumbys. Gumbys is ALWAYS a good idea ;)


And then I wanted to cry comparing these pics. (2 years apart, in the same field.) I love watching my babies grow up, but it makes me sad to see how fast it all goes!



Stopped and took some pictures at the Houston Temple one day while in town. Wilson was not having it. But Kayla looks cute!!


Cute and silly kiddos!


We got to watch Henley play basketball!


And somehow Wilson ended up with a phone... He knows Aunt Missy and Alyssa will always spoil him. ;)


Shopping with Grandma and Papa




Celebrating baby Cameron <3


I kept finding Wilson with food. I know Logan and Alyssa were giving him anything he wanted. I'm sure there were others. He knows how to get what he wants!


Tired boy, our day isn't done yet though!


Then we got to celebrate this sweet girl's birthday <3


Cousins <3



She loves to open the door open for everyone. Every time we go to the gym, she runs ahead so she can open it and let us and any one else in. Haha.


Silly girl!


Jacob *needed* a new tv...... but really, it was a good deal so, I guess it could have been worse.


Lol. I love her little people.


Drawing on the doors in the shower.


Always finding small spots to squeeze in to.
"If I Fits, I sits." <-- for you, Gina :)


Always.


Sleepy boys. And I can't get over Wilson's little hands <3


She loves the heart. It now sits on the back porch with their outside toys. Haha.


Patiently waiting at the store. It actually took way longer than we expected and they were really good.
So, sad story. We were at Sprint switching over and getting our new phones set up ^^. A day or two later there was an article I saw about a car crash in Shreveport where the guy had died. I see things like that shared a lot. Sad, but it happens. A few days later and I get a phone call from sprint asking some questions about everything because they were taking over some work... for the guy who helped us... who had just passed away in a car accident. I went back to look up the article and it was him. That really stuck me. Hug your loved ones.


Being a mom is hard. I've been trying to be better about helping my kids through their tantrums and frustrations rather than getting upset myself and making it worse for everyone... I feel like that makes it all even harder. It's been rough. I needed these sweet cuddles <3 I love them.


Reading a potty book. Hoping something will click...


Tea party at the BX on base. She went for the cookies. Haha. Luckily she got the last one before they were out. She asks to go back and see the princesses all the time. She always is so upset when I tell her that they aren't there anymore. Lol.


Hehehehe. I love him.


Cuddles <3

No comments:

Post a Comment