Wednesday, July 26, 2017

May 2017

 

My attempt at french braiding Kayla's hair. I didn't realize how crooked it was until I was finished. Haha. Also it's hard braiding her hair... it's so thin and slick! ...And it still has some growing to do. Better luck next time. Lol.


Playing some what nicely together at Grandma's house. Long enough for me to take a pic ;P


I had to save these... They were our pictures in LDS tools, probably since they were taken. It was one of my first Sundays in the single's ward, and probably shortly before that for Jacob. We were such babies!! These pictures kill me! Hahaha!


Bella loving at baby Wilson


We love our sweet cousin, Bella!


Kayla loves seeing the puppy at Target... even the ones sticking out of the boxes above the dollar section. She gets SO excited. "Hi puppy!!!" Haha.


Sweet cuddles


Trying to capture a nice sunset one evening after walking (and Jacob's first time running in who knows how long. hahaha) at a track


Crazy kid!


We finally sold our piano... Well I posted it for sale in May... It took until June to finally sell it. We are so going to miss having one. That just means I need to search for another good priced one when we finally get into a new place ;) But really, we've loved having a piano in our house, even though Jacob and I have been terrible at practicing/using it. I think it has been so good for the kids. And I can tell that they both really like music, so I hope to get another one in the nearer future and instill that love for music in them.


We also finally sold my car. It was bitter sweet. Seriously. I've been driving it since a few months after I turned 16 all the way up until I was pregnant with Wilson. Happy to put that money towards paying off debt... but sad to say goodbye to something that's been with me for so many big things.


Cute, cute girl. I love when she has little buns. They just never stay very long.


At the Houston Zoo celebrating cousin Harrison's 3rd birthday


I love this crazy girl!


Happy babies!


On the train


Wilson was OK as long as the whistle wasn't blowing. It really scarred him and he started bawling. Poor thing. But it was kind of hilariously cute. Lol.


This little girl adores her Daddy!! Monkey see, monkey do!


How cute is that face?!


This really freaks me out... but it also makes them both smile so big. So, it kind of cracks me up. Hahaha! Seriously, Wilson loves it!


On the way to downtown Houston on a Monday morning for a doctors appointment... I'll remember to never do that again... Anyways, these 2 guys in the cars in front of me were legit having a conversation through their windows... I mean were we mostly stopped, but still... Really?


Officially in the Air Force. I'm so proud of this man! This was such a happy text. I hadn't heard from him since like 9 or 10 pm the night before. I had no idea what was going on... or how difficult it is to get in to the military... Did you know something like a wart can disqualify you? Crazy. Anyways, happy day for him & our family, and just the beginning! His first swear in was on May 15th... and he left for basic training on July 3rd. Everything definitely started happening fast once he decided he was ready to move forward.


Poor kid had FOUR teeth coming in at once!!! That's crazy!!! And it brought his total to 8 teeth!


Happy babies means for a happy Mommy!
And side note: I had just gotten back from the gym so I was all red faced and hot and sweaty (even though it doesn't show that much in the pic). I can proudly say I've now been so good about going pretty consistently and am finally starting to see some results. Gah! That's the most frustrating part... waiting to see results. Still a work in progress though, and I've got a while to get where I want to be... but I'm getting there!


Sick baby... Happy baby. At least there's that! Ha. So Kayla got sick... then got me sick... then 2 weeks later I was sick again. It was so freaking miserable!!! Jacob was a huge help those 2 weekends that I was down though!!


Wilson started biting me and it reminded me of a pic that I have of Kayla doing the same thing. I looked it up and they could definitely be twins! Haha.


My sweet, sweet husband is SO GOOD!!!! I've been eyeing this piece by Caitlin Connolly ever since I first saw it. I only remember mentioning it to him the first time I saw it. But he totally surprised me with it for Mother's Day and I LOVE IT!!! And I love him!!! (Seriously it's been almost a month with nothing but a little note and one letter. I miss that guy like crazy!!!!!! 30 days until I get to see him though!!!!!!!!!!!!!)


This pic makes me crack up!!! So she loves books! And she's gotten good at memorizing them like immediately. She definitely gets that from Jacob. Anyways one night she totally started singing this all on her own. It's a book that I sing to hear. It was adorable!! So I made her grab the book and take a pic with it so I would remember. Lol. Highly recommend anything by Sandra Boynton BTW!!


One night we were waiting in the truck while Jacob ran in to O'Reilys and Kayla goes "Puppy! Hi puppy!" and I'm kind of confused and ask her where she sees it... and she points next to the building to a raccoon! I was dying!! It was so funny!!! We were there for like 5 or 10 minutes and it happened a few times!


Finally got a little date night in with my love <3 We went to the drive in theater just us. I love him... and miss him terribly... Sorry... it's the middle of him being gone and it's kind of hard. But honestly I'm doing WAY better than I thought I would. Seriously. So that's a plus!


Memorial Day 2017


Cute baby boy in Daddy's hat!


They both LOVE playing the piano!! We're really going to miss it... until we get another one ;) We just didn't want to store and move it who knows where we will end up going with the Air Force.



He loves when I tell him "no". He just giggles and giggles. It's cute, except he's not exactly listening. But it is cute. Lol.


She kept saying this over and over again. It sounded so familiar. It took me a while, but I finally figured out that she was singing the chorus to "I am a Child of God". "Lead me, guide me, walk beside me. Help me find the way." So cute! She actually sings it really well now, I need to record it.


I wonder where he learned how to take all of the DVDs out of the drawer. *insert eye roll* Haha. He sure is cute making messes though! What's not so cute is the even bigger mess all around that was already made by him & big sister...

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing mother's day pic! I LOVE THaT phoTO! i know the artist but had never seen that photo. one day, when i have wall space- i will need it! amazing!! good work to the hubs!

    ReplyDelete