Monday, May 8, 2017

March 2017


We went down to Katy at the beginning of March and brought Bella with us. The cousins had fun sleeping over at Grandma's house.


This picture doesn't even do the scene justice, plus I was driving and trying to be quick because I should not have been taking a picture in the first place :P BUT spring in Texas is my absolute favorite!! Wildflowers pop up all over, and then there's that big, gorgeous blue sky. It makes driving back and forth between College Station & Katy SO enjoyable.





It had been a while since I had pulled out my nice camera, so one afternoon I took a few pictures of the kids. Obviously nothing super fancy, just a few pictures with better quality than from my iPhone.


tooth #2 coming in!


I painted Kayla's toe nails & finger nails for the first time. She's a big fan of it ;)


These boots were on sale at target. How could I resist??


Grocery shopping with 2 kids is rough. Every time. No matter what I try. No idea how people do it with more than 2...


Cute girl loving on her brother


Teething has been so rough on Wilson. Especially compared to Kayla, she was so easy. He will throw a fit of screaming and crying if I try to put him down.


But as soon as I pick him up he's fine. On this particular day, I couldn't even sit on the couch with him. But sitting on the kitchen chair (it's raised higher) was fine?


And then he passed out. I was shocked at that part. Lol.


I teach primary children at church, and one Sunday, Jacob was supposed to teach 3rd hour as well. So I got the baby. He ended up being a big hit in the class though ;)


Those boots I got on sale? She LOVES them ;)


Happy boy! ... and then the fun began... At church on Sunday, Kayla was having a really rough time in nursery, so half way through she came to hang out with me and my primary class. On Monday, we went to story time at the library. We hadn't been since before I was pregnant with Wilson, and she kept wanting to head to the door and leave. I feel so bad now looking back and knowing she wasn't feeling well, but I didn't realize it then and kept trying to get her to play along with the activities. Then we went to fly kites with Jacob (it was his day off) and again, she was over it faster than she normally would have been. We went home and she took a nap. I ran some errands and she woke up just before I got back. When I got home she was on the couch cuddling with her blanket, and Jacob was telling me she was acting really weird. Not 15 minutes later she started throwing up. She hasn't done it in so long that she had no idea what was going on, so she was scratching at her throat and screaming and it was getting every where. Ugh it was bad. Anyways, we cleaned her up and realized that it was inside the couch too...


So we ended up having to cut the bottom of the couch open. At first we tried to clean it and realized there was no way we could get down in there, so we spent about 20 minutes trying to decide if it was worth spending our tax return on new couches or not... (seriously it was that bad) and then we decided to save the money and that we could just cut the bottom open. Good times... ;)



Flying the kite with Dad


Poor girl slept the rest of the afternoon/evening and on and off the next day too.


The next day was actually my 24th birthday. We (the kids and I) had plans to go to brunch with my visiting teaching companion and one of the sisters that we teach (her birthday is the same day as mine) but because Kayla was sick we postponed it. So I spent all day taking care of my sick girl. Luckily she started feeling a little better by the evening. Jacob got some pizza rolls from Gumbys (the best!!) and a cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes (sooo good!) and we had family come over to eat dinner and cake to celebrate. So at least my birthday ended well :) Also this guy puts up with SO MUCH and I am so grateful for him and his love and support. I am so blessed to have him by my side.


When you realize too late that you put her little brother's diaper on her... I guess it's too late when it leaks, and by some miracle it hadn't gotten that far yet. It was pretty close though.


I'm trying to be better about putting forth some effort to myself more often. Let's face it, when you're at home all day with kids, it's easy to neglect yourself. So when you do actually put effort to get dressed, it calls for a selfie ;P


When your kid bites tears through multiple "bite-proof" sips cups...


Another trip down to Katy. Man we do those a lot ;) Playing with cousins Alyssa & Logan. And I promise neither kid is about to fall out, I know it looks otherwise.


Wilson really enjoyed the swings


Day 2 ended at the park with Grandpa Ruske, Aunt Jenny, and cousins Alyssa, Henley, and Harrison.


Somehow Kayla always ends in bed with me when we stay in Katy. One morning while we were there, our last few hours of sleep before we got up for the day, all three of us slept in the big bed. Also note that it's a king size bed and they had me up against the very edge. Like, we might as well have been sharing a twin...


Cute picture cousin Alyssa made for Kayla


Uncle Stephen even had fun playing with these blow markers and he made this for Kayla


They love holding Wilson


Missy drove home to Dallas by going through College Station. So when we got there we made a quick stop to take some pictures in the bluebonnets, and then they kept driving home and we went back to our house.


I sure love these two cuties!



And they are both so sweet to their little cousins!








Kayla loves buckling things. I often find dolls buckled into Wilson's car seat. And many a times I have found the high chair, rock n play, and both strollers already buckled when trying to put a kid in them.


Kayla ready to go camping! This trip we went with the Peines, Hanks, some of their family, and our cousins the Roberts.


And these are the only 2 pictures we took... We always have fun though!



Free ice cream cone day at DQ


Pushing Bella and Kayla in the stroller is a lot more work than pushing Wilson and Kayla in the stroller... just throwing that out there. But they were cute, and we had fun. And then the boys (Wilson, Jacob, and Stephen) brought us pizza rolls :)


Kayla's happy place is outside


Also note that Jacob's newest truck (the one from my grandpa) is being hand washed in the background. I asked him if he would wash mine too and he told me to take it to the car wash. Well we know which truck is his new favorite now...


He loves hats. He's always trying to grab mine and Jacob's hats off of our heads.


We've had my Grandpa's truck for over a month and this was my first time driving it. I'm gonna cut Jacob some slack because I normally have 2 kids with me and there's no room for car seats... but I'm also gonna call him out and say this is his new baby.


I'm a creep and I love taking pictures of my family sleeping. They just look so cute, and peaceful, and quiet ;)


 Back in Katy again. We get there and my Mom pulls Wilson out of the car seat and sets him down on his stomach. AND HE JUST DECIDED HE WANTS TO SIT UP AND HE DOES. Bam! I was shocked and super impressed! Haha.


The next day we went to watch Bella and Henley at a cheer camp. At the end of it there was a little pep rally to show off what they learned. Kayla was so cute trying to do everything they were doing.


That evening we celebrated my parent's 30th wedding anniversary


Once Wilson learned how to sit up on his own, I decided it was time to retire the rock n play. It was more than worth the $20 I spent on it at Once Upon a Child though!


Wilson was in the living room while I was in another room. I realized he was being too quiet and when I went to check on him, and I found him fast asleep.


Kayla brushing her hair with her fork. She's been watching the Little Mermaid too much.


Grandma Ruske got the kids swim suits with hats to match. Kayla loves grabbing them and putting them on her and her brother.


Teething is so hard! Anything and everything go in the mouth to make it better.


Trying to declutter and I found my old phone that I used when Jacob and I first started dating.


And it still had some cute messages on it too :)


This picture warms my heart!! <3


She is the silliest little girl!! Her shoes are on the wrong feet, she insisted on carrying her purse around (I'm pretty sure there was plastic food in it) and she's sucking on a plastic mushroom. She actually does that last part a little too often for my comfort (jealous of the baby and his paci) so after she insisted on leaving the house with it, it ended up in the trash during nap time that same day ;)


Seriously SO close to crawling!

1 comment:

  1. The blue bonnet pics! OH TEXAS! and I hear you about grocery shopping with two!! Three is gonna be insane. It helps once the baby can sit up in the cart but still!! P.s. not pregnant. just saying!

    ReplyDelete