Tuesday, March 28, 2017

January 2017



His clothes are too big, but he looked so cute! And this was the first time we laid him on the floor at church. I was mesmerized watching my baby (They grow so fast!!).


Playing with Bella at Grandma and Papa Ruske's house


These two cuties/crazies!


Sweet babies. Kayla loves having her brother next to her.


Sleepy, cuddly boy <3


I don't know why I took this, but she's so cute and happy!!


2 little helpers in the kitchen


She likes to make this cubby and sit there


I've been trying to put my self in more pictures. Mostly it means more selfies with the kids. But it's a step.


He is always eating his fingers!!



Her stacking skills have seriously improved! Haha.


Changing a poopy diaper. There is a video of this that's hilarious... but it wasn't exactly appropriate so I didn't want to post it. But just look at Jacob, he has completely covered his face to try and hide from the stench. If only you could hear his dramatic sound effects. Lol.


What a cute chunk!


Her doll dresses are shoes apparently. Lol. Also it drives me crazy that she's always taking her doll's dresses off.


Grandma and Papa McConnell were out of town for like 3 weeks. Kayla was looking for them when we stopped by to check on the house and grab mail one day. We had to take a pic and send it to grandma.


Handsome boy! So, Walmart had little boy suits on clearance!! We got this one and one size up for like $3 each! And even better is that Jacob is the one who found the deal. I love that guy!! ;)


One Sunday after church. Like I said I'm trying to be in more pictures so I asked Jacob to take one of me and Kayla.


And these guys were color coordinating in their suits so I had to take a picture of them.


And then a sweet sister in our ward offered to get one of us all.


Taking a picture for Grandma McConnell. She got this outfit for Wilson for Christmas.


I asked Jacob to take a picture of me and the kids.


And then he took a group pic all on his own and it melted my heart. (He doesn't care for pictures)


You know it's a good walk when both kids pass out (and we have so many pics like this. I love it!)


Playing video games with Dad. Lol.



My girl is so cute! And I can't believe how big she is!!


Sweet baby Wilson!


She looks like a little lunch lady. Haha. My sister made me a little cover for my kitchen aid bowl and Kayla loves to wear it as a hat.


Making pizza rolls. They're okay. But we're still working on perfecting them. So far nothing compares to Gumbys.


Wilson's first time sitting in the seat of the cart. He needs to work on sitting up some more ;)


Feeding the ducks. Kayla gets so excited when she sees them. "DUCKIES!!"


His chubby cheeks and that tie onesie, I can't get enough of this little guy!


Coloring in a box. I was probably the best mom ever this day. And then I'm sure I told her no for something and we were back to square one ;)


Slowly but surely Wilson is catching up in size to Kayla.


Kayla is Wilson's favorite. He goes out of his way just to catch a glimpse at her. Lol.


But this cute boy sure loves his Mommy, too. I'll notice him watching me and when I make eye contact, he gets so giddy!


Licking the paddle + chocolate = double win!


We finally pulled out the jumper. Wilson loves jumping in it!!


Those bun pig tails are my favorite.


Kayla always has to check out Wilson's stuff ;)


Sweet boy doesn't always cuddle when he's awake. I was soaking it in.


I think the glasses are most comfortable to her upside down. This is mostly how she wears them. Haha.


She loves helping with Wilson. At least for a minute or so at a time and then she's off to playing.


This girl could live outside!! One of her favorite things to do is dig for dirt and put it in her little bucket. Also notice, Jacob wrote "Kayla's fun bucket". That cracks me up!


And little man soaking up the sun.


Kayla figuring out how to blow bubbles.


Kayla and Ryan hanging out in the stroller while the adults played frisbee golf.


They were so sweet sharing snacks. Lol!


Big girl going to be as a 1 year old the night before her birthday.


Happy birthday Kayla!


Birthday presents: a new dress, a Frozen matching game, a Rapunzel barbie doll, a Buc-ees coloring book, and a train whistle.


After church with the birthday girl


That evening we went to Jacob's parents house to celebrate Kayla and Mike. Uncle Stephen, Bella, Carly, Adam, and Ryan all came to join us. Uncle Stephen and Bella got Kayla a toy vacuum. She kind of has a fear of vacuums, so Stephen thought it might help her. But... She's still scared of it and all others. Haha.


Kayla got an Olaf toy from Grandma McConnell


My big 2 year old!


Celebrating Papa McConnell turning 61 and Kayla turning 2


I just got the end of it... but Kayla learned the hard way what a candle is. She touched it and ended up putting it out with her finger. I think she was mostly in shock. Lol.

She enjoyed her cupcake


This was the first time that we had seen Grandma and Papa McConnell since they had been out of town for a few weeks. Grandma brought back a blanket for Wilson from his (great) Aunt Laura!


Wilson has really enjoyed it!


Kayla seriously impresses me with her pattern and stacking abilities.


Celebrating cousin Henley's birthday




Look at those cute cousins!!



Henley had Elsa come to her party and Kayla was so entranced by her. She just kind of followed her around and stared. Lol.


And if she wasn't shadowing Elsa, Kayla could be found in the kitchen eating. Haha!


Getting her make-up done


Cousins and Elsa. Happy 4th birthday Henley!


A few times that we went down to Katy in January and February, We missed Grandma and Papa Ruske. So we took a picture of her on their couch to show them she was there, but they weren't.


The evening after Henley's party, we met the cousins again to play at Exploration Park.


Rolling down a hill together


Hopping across rocks




Cute Wilson!


Grandma and Papa Ruske did come home on Sunday just in time for all of us to go to church together.


He looks like a little man. It's so cute!


Jacob works most Saturdays which is a bummer, but the plus side to that is that he has a day off during the week. Right now he mostly has Mondays off, unless he switches with someone. This weekend he was able to get Saturday off of one week to make it for Henley's party, and since a new week started on Monday, he had his normal Monday off, and we were able to spend a 3 days weekend in Katy. GG came back to Grandma and Papa's house on Sunday night and was playing with Wilson.


Kayla loves her GG!


When we got back to College Station after our weekend in Katy, Kayla and I went out for a few errands. She has a special way of reminding me of the simple pleasures in life. I am so grateful for her being a part of our family!


When I asked her to go out of the bathroom, her way of rebelling was to sit right outside the door and put her finger on the bathroom floor. Lol.


She is such a character! We love her!


Happy boy just hanging out

And some more random videos from the month...


Kayla being sweet to Wilson 


Kayla was being cute playing with her cars


And then dumping them back and forth between baskets


We honestly couldn't tell if she was asleep and reacting in her sleep, or if she was awake and pretending to be asleep. It was hilarious though.


Sweet baby talk is my favorite


Wilson LOVES his big sister. I feel like I say this a few times each post, but it's so true!


Wilson so close to rolling over!!


Kayla loves Sesame Street. This is the letter of the day song and it's Kayla's favorite part. She runs to the tv and claps along to it every time it comes on. She also really likes when the count does the number of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment