Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Playing Catch-Up

I'm so behind on blogging it's not even funny. When I know I have a lot to do, I get so overwhelmed I just don't do anything. It's a problem. But I'm working on it, one step at a time. Or one blog post at a time, in this case. Haha. And the other problem is any time I think about going to update my blog, I scroll through my pictures trying to figure out where I left off and get caught up in "Oh my gosh she was so little", "Look how bald she was", etc. Seriously, babies change so fast. She's only 9 months and I feel like she's a toddler whenever I look at her. *wipes away tear* 

It looks like I last updated at the end of August. Kayla had crawling down pretty well by this point. And she was already starting to try to stand against everything. This is when she would fall a lot. It only took a few days to learn how to balance herself. Of course, she didn't learn without getting a few bumps and bruises first.


her first black eye
:(

I feel kind of bad, because we go on spurts where we hang out with my brother and Bella a ton and then we won't see them for a while. This kind of happened at the end of August/beginning of September. We really do love them all the time though!!



Hanging out poolside with these cuties.

Kayla absolutely adores Bella. Bella used to love Kayla, I think she still might. Haha. But she's at a stage where Kayla wants to touch her and she doesn't want Kayla around. But I think once Kayla starts walking they'll be BFFs again. Lol.


She loves playing the piano. In fact, she loves music in general. That makes me really happy.


Kayla literally pulled a chunk of hair out of my head. Ouch! She's much better now about not pulling, but she still does it sometimes.


Kayla loves Sesame Street. Especially, Elmo!


I'm totally guilty of giving my 7 and a half month old (at the time) a few tastes of my snow cone. She loved it. I think mostly because the cold felt good on her teeth.


I can't get enough of these two!


Grandma and the two youngest girls.


These cousins love Kayla! They are such great helpers when ever we're with them.


Sometimes Kayla has crazy eyes...


They had to say hi before they went to school.


And then we went to have lunch with them


She is always thrilled when we call her Daddy!


If I get on the ground with her. She will climb all over me, no doubt. Actually, she climbs on me any chance she gets, even if we're on the couch.


On September 20, Jacob and I celebrated 2 years of marriage and 4 years of being together. I thought I knew what love was when I "fell in love" with him back then, but he is constantly showing me how much deeper love truly is. I'm so grateful for him. Seriously, I'm a mess and I don't know how he does it! This picture is at midnight yell. One of our favorite Aggie traditions and also one of our first dates!


The next day we had more than half of the Ruske side of the family come in for the game. Just missing Henley and Harrison in this cousin picture!


Kayla's first time swinging. She totally approves!

Side note: In September, I had a goal of walking 10,000 steps, 5 days a week, the whole month, so about 200,000 steps. And I totally kicked butt!! But I barely even put my fitbit on in October, let alone went on walks. So yeah, I'll get back on that this month ;) Lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment