Thursday, February 13, 2014

What's New?

So here's a quick run down of life with the McConnells lately. Quick because I have to get ready for work soon. And because I've been meaning to do this for about a week and if I don't do it now, I don't know when I ever will.

Rats.
It all started when we noticed bite marks on the dogs food bin outside. Then I actually saw something chewing it one night. I thought it was a mouse. For a few nights in a row I would see the 'mouse' come out about the same time each night. So we got some mouse traps and waited for them to come out and play. But at that point the mouse traps were't working, and we realized it wasn't one, but at least 5…. So pest control came out. And we had rats. not mice. Anywho we've killed about 4 or 5 and now the hole is sealed and we haven't had a problem since. I will admit it was fun 'mouse hunting' with my husband the first few nights though. Haha.


Gina.
Jacob's brother is getting married to Gina in about 3 weeks. We are so thrilled!!! Like seriously, they are perfect for each other. And it makes me so happy that they're getting married. Last weekend I went to Gina's bridal shower. It was so fun. The girls who put it together are so creative.

Part of the gift I gave her I made a quilt. I love making them. I tried to go with a simpler, more modern type. It didn't quite turn out like the one I got the idea from. But it was still super cute, and definitely a reminder of how much I love making them.





My shirt. It's doing weird things, I know. Ignore it, please. Thanks.

Henley.
Then we went to Katy for my niece's 1st birthday. It was a short trip, but well worth it. I can't believe how huge she is. She is absolutely adorable, and the party was a hit. Talk about a spoiled little girl!


Us with the birthday girl. One day she'll like us, one day.


Stephen and the girls. Bella's next up for turning 1!


Papa and Bella.

The truck.
AKA Jacob's baby. On the way home from Katy we stopped and finally got THE TRUCK. I'm just glad everything worked out and that now we have a second car. It is pretty snazzy. Surprisingly, I've even gotten to drive it twice ;) Jacob's happy, so I'm happy.


We're not excited or anything.


Jacob sent this to me as we were sitting at the light, right after we got the truck.


So when it was my turn to drive, I has to take an excited selfie too.

That's about it for now. Next blog though, #14daysoflove…

No comments:

Post a Comment