Saturday, February 15, 2014

#14daysoflove

One day, on pinterest, I came across the idea of 14 days of valentines, or as I like to call it 14 days of love. Basically I go shopping for 14 things, this ranged from something I already had to about $3 per item, I think overall it was about $22 for the whole thing, and I come up with cheesy sayings to go along with the items. So here's 2014's #14daysoflove …


Day 1: I've got a crush on you (Crush soda)
Day 2: We go together like bacon and eggs (bacon and eggs for breakfast)
Day 3: Sometimes you're sour, but mostly you're sweet (Sour patch kids)
Day 4: Do-nut you know I love you a lot?! (Powdered doughnuts)
Day 5: The fun don't stop when we're together (Pringles)
Day 6: I'm a sucker for you (heart-shaped straws)
Day 7: To my sweetheart (Sweet Tarts)
Day 8: You're extra special to me (Extra gum)
Day 9: I chews you (Chewbacca foam angry bird)
Day 10: We fit together like two pieces of a puzzle (puzzle)
Day 11: Maybe I'm an airhead, but I'm crazy for you (Airheads)
Day 12: You make my heart pitter-patter (ping-pong kit)
Day 13: Love bug (sour worms)
Day 14: You are the star in my eyes (Starburst)

Last year when I first started, I wasn't sure he really liked it. But after a few days, he was really excited to see what would be next. So I did it again this year, and I think I'll do it every year after.

We've never made a huge deal out of Valentine's day. Last year we went to a movie and then dinner. The movies were packed, but by the time it was over the restaurant wasn't. This year we were going to cook dinner at home and then watch a movie. But we both got home from work around 7:30-8 and did not want to cook. So we decided to try out a new place in town. It's called Mickey's Sliders. I don't know how long it's been there, but it was delish! And not crowded at all. After dinner we went to the theater and it was way too packed. So we decided to go get a red box and head home. Before the movie even started we both fell asleep though. Haha. But it was a great night overall. I'm starting to get used to this things-not-going-as-planned thing. And even though everything we did was different than what we planned, it was a great night. I'm so glad I got to spend it with my husband :)


My vday gift. I'm so glad he found 'our' rose. It's the same one he got when he asked me to be his girlfriend, numerous times in between, it was also my bouquet at our wedding, and he still gets it for me and probably always will. I love it.


I wanted some kind of picture documentation of the night.


Gotta fix the 'stache ;)


Love this guy so much


He can't even hide the smile driving around in his new baby. Haha.


We had such a great time together. Where ever you were, with whomever you were with, I hope yours was great too! Happy Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment