Saturday, October 26, 2013

October 2013

The month started out with general conference of course. This was one of the first weekends I didn't have to work at least one of the days, so I was excited that I'd actually be able to watch all of it real time. And it's great living so close to Jacob's family, because we basically spent the weekend over there hanging out with everyone and watching conference. Michael, Kiya, and Crew are still in town, And Kim and the kids came down Saturday night through Sunday, so it was a houseful, and I loved it! Not to mention the many great message shared, I love how there's such a wide variety of people with so many different circumstances listening and watching, and yet we each hear something that is meant JUST for us. What a blessing it is to have a living prophet here on earth today, and the true restored gospel. Here's a few between session pictures...


Always a happy little boy


Corwin LOVED crew, and he loved giving him hugs. Precious :)

My husband is AMAZING. I'm so grateful for him!
One day I came home from a long day of work to a simple, but special surprise. 


And he continues to amaze me each day with something new. By taking out trash, helping me clean, cooking dinner. So many little things, but that make such a difference to me.

I got a haircut! Okay it's not a huge difference, but my hair was pretty long, so it's different. And while uploading pictures, I realized that last October was when I got my last hair cut too.


I don't think the picture does justice. It was like 7 or 8 inches...


And I guess it's pretty similar to last year...

That Friday My sister came into town, and before leaving we stopped at Ford so Jacob could do a multi-point inspection on her car since she's been having some issues. When we got there I called Jacob to tell him we were there and see where we should go, and he said I come get you in a minute, something crazy just happened. When he came to the car he showed my a picture on his phone of 2 kittens... they had just found them under the engine of a car they were working on. And so we ended up taking them home.




They were so little and precious. But they we still babies. We had to feed them milk replacer in a bottle and rub their bums to make them go potty. And we both work full-time, and didn't have the time to care for them that they needed. So we decided it was best to find someone who did. So we had them for that weekend, and on Monday night we gave them away.

The Friday we found the kittens we also 'celebrated' Kiya's birthday. We had dinner at Jacob's parents house, and then went to midnight yell. Neither Jacob or me are really aggies, and in we don't go to school there. But there really is a spirit that can't be told, and one of our favorite aggie traditions is midnight yell. So it was fun to go with Kiya for her first time. And afterwards since it was after midnight and officially her birthday we sang happy birthday, and we even had people in the stands join in with us. We love A&M!




And then Saturday we surprised her with her real birthday celebration. We didn't think everyone would make it so we did one Friday night, but then everyone ended up making it anyways, so we just celebrated her birthday all weekend. It was fun. Haha.


I was told she wanted chocolate on chocolate. So thats what I made. And boy was it chocolate all right. I had to down a glass of milk afterwards. It was delish, if I do say so myself. Haha.


Happy birthday Kiya!

We have now been married for over a month, and I am so glad that I get to spend eternity with him. We're starting to finally settle in to our little house and make it a home. I love it! So far I only have pictures of the living room though, because the other rooms, are either not clean or they aren't finished... so more to come.





No comments:

Post a Comment