Friday, October 11, 2013

I didn't realize how long it's actually been since my last post. A LOT has changed :) Umm, first of all I'm married. And it's awesome :) 
There was a lot to get done for the wedding and I seriously couldn't have done it without the help of my sister. She made all the million little images in my head come to life. Not to mention all the family we had there to help set everything up as well. The only thing I regret, is not being able to spend a lot of time with everyone.
Very late in the evening on September 17th, Jacob had just left my place and I had just gotten into bed to get as much rest as I could before my last day at work before the wedding. Maybe 30 minutes after he left, he called me and said he came home to a surprise at his parents house and that we really needed to FaceTime. Ok, second regret, not getting a screen shot... Lol. We turned facetime on and he was holding a baby. It didn't make since. It wasn't his nephew Corwin, they weren't supposed to be there another day, and I almost thought it was my niece Bella, who had come to texas with her parents for the wedding after all, but that didn't make since either... he was holding a little boy. Turns out it was his nephew Crew. Who had come back to the US with his parents to surprise everyone after they've been living in Jordan for the last year and a half. Crew was born in Jordan, and Jacob is very proud to be the first uncle to hold him. But that was seriously one of the best surprises ever. And I didn't get a wink of sleep that night. Between our surprise visitors and knowing that the next day after work we'd be going to Katy and in full wedding-mode, I was way too excited.
September 19th, Jacob and I both took out our endowments. Not all of the family coming in for the wedding was there, but we did get quite a few of them there with us.
And on September 20th, Jacob and I were married and sealed in the Houston Texas Temple. Best Day Yet!! I'm still waiting for all the pictures from our amazing photographer but she has posted some sneak peeks here on FB... Here's a few...


Definitely my favorite so far!




It was sprinkling towards the end of pictures. And by the time we walked to the distribution center and got inside, it immediately started pouring. And it poured pretty much the rest of the day. But I decided before hand that I wasn't going to let anything ruin that day. So I didn't let it bother me. And everything else we had planned was inside, so everything turned out perfect.
The next day we had an open house in Bryan, and it was supposed to continue to storm, but as it got closer to the open house, there less chance it was to rain. And it ended up being absolutely beautiful outside. The Lord again blessed up with a beautiful day of celebration, rain or shine ;)
And that night we left for our honeymoon... But we didn't get far, by the time we finished packing and left it was already late. We barely made it to Bastrop when Jacob said he was done driving, and I was too tired too so we just found a cheap hotel and spent the night. The next morning we had breakfast at Buccee's and heading to Canyon lake... with an hour of being stuck in 2 accidents, but we finally made it that afternoon. Here's a brief summary of it, because 1 I'm running out of time before I go to work, and 2 I can't share ALL the details ;)
Monday we spent the day shopping at the San Marcos outlet mall, and then gearing up in camping supplies at Target. Tuesday we went to San Antonio... Riverwalk, Alamo, the whole she-bang. Wednesday we drove to Enchanted rock and spent the night camping. Thursday when we got up we hiked around and up Enchanted rock, and then went back to the resort. And then we decided to come home a day early and left Friday instead of Saturday.


Stuck in traffic



Canyon Lake


Our room





Playing putt-putt at the resort



I was so excited to make a hole in one.


And then Jacob did too



They had a bunch of board games so we got some dessert and played games


I got a new James Avery charm that he picked out, it says 'you are always in my heart'


eating at centerpoint station


he really liked all the ford signs



the view on the way to the resort was so pretty, we had to stop and take a picture


so delicious!!


:)


In San Antonio


Jacob loves this place and was excited for me to eat there too



On the river walk getting a boat tour



Camping at Enchanted rock







And of course we had to take pictures with cars ;)



getting ready to go back home




2 comments: