Sunday, February 26, 2012

New Skirt

I had a great time in Dallas this weekend. I left about 9am this morning and missed it from the second I left. I especially miss the little voices saying "Cy! Cy!". They are the cutest and sweetest little things. I can't wait to go back during spring break.
Yesterday Missy and I decided to make skirts. I found some really cute ones on Pinterest from this blog here. It has a link on the page to where she originally found the idea too, at this site. At first I was going to  do the yellow skirt from my first link. I really like it. But since this was my first attempt I figured I better stick with the first skirt, it looked like it had room for error and to hid any imperfections. And fortunately most of the instructions are on the second link I just posted.
The problem was we had two skirts and one sewing machine. I finished mine, so now I'm just waiting for Missy to finish hers. Can't wait to see it!!
Well here's some pictures:


Working on the back section...


The front...


Modeling...


More modeling...


And a close up.

It actually turned out pretty good. I'm so glad. And I'm kind in love with it :) Now once I get some time I'll try the other skirt! Haha.

1 comment:

  1. Saw your new blog on Facebook! congratulations. I'm happy to answer any questions if you need help figuring things out. You will love it and it's a great way to get that pesky journaling in. You are at such a fun time in life..what a great way to remember it!
    Way cute skirt for a beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete