Tuesday, June 25, 2013

June 2013

A couple weeks ago we went to Katy for sweet Miss Henley's baby blessing. Still waiting on the pictures Jenny ;) But I do have a few randoms from the day before...


She was patiently waiting for Jacob to get to my place so we could get on the road to Katy, Me... waiting not so patiently ;)


Seriously how cute is my dog? :)


Jacob thought it was funny how she fell asleep.


Sweet baby girl


I love how much hair she has!

The plan was to take a couple pictures of Jacob and I so we could start up a FB event a get peoples addresses. But as soon as we pulled up it started sprinkling, and by the time we got in the house it started pouring... :( BUT it finally settled down and we got some good pictures after dinner. Notice my new layout. Hehe :) I really like how they turned out




And thanks to Jenny/Lauren we found a really cool way to keep track of all the addresses. Google Docs. I created a page that asks questions and when someone answers and submits them it saves it all on a document for me. So if you haven't done it yet and you'd like an invite click this link and answer the questions...


Sunday after the Blessing we went to the Seckinger's new house and had lunch and hung out. We went back to my parents for dinner... Dad's pizza, yum :)... and then Jacob and I headed back home. I sure do love visiting family!!


Jacob was so excited to find a '65 on the way home from church, my Dad even turned around so he could get out a take a picture. (Jacob drives a '66)


Leia even had a good time!


Thanks to all the rain that is. Haha.


And we had a beautiful view most of the way home :)

AND then a week and a half later I got to go to Katy again. This time to meet the newest (by a month) member of the family for the very first time. 
Miss Isabella Diann Ruske


I had a great time swimming with this cutie


But I couldn't help but remember when it was this one. Baby Elizabeth... Can't believe it's been 5 years.
Fun facts: They're wearing the same suits. The same hats. It was the same pool. And they have the same middle name.


It was so fun meeting her.


Not to mention hanging out with my brother and Caitlin.


I can't wait for them to move back to Texas... and fingers crossed College Station ;)


Jacob has been wanting this chair since we saw it over a year ago. We saw it again a few months ago but all the stores we went to only has pink. I finally found a different color and was so excited to get it for him. I didn't keep it a surprise, but I lasted up until a few hours before I headed home. I sent him this picture to spoil it.


Needless to say, he was VERY happy :)


This was the first time Leia didn't come with me. She was so happy to see me when I got home. This is her "don't ever leave me again" face. Hehe.


Now for the perks of having a gardener near by... (aka Jacob's Dad)
yummy fresh zucchini :)


I knew you had to get the extra moisture out. What I didn't know was how that extra moisture was actually A TON of zucchini liquid. EVERYWHERE. I think Jacob purposely left that out all the times he begged me to make bread. Lol.


But I did it anyways


And it actually turned out very good!



I was even adventurous enough to make zucchini brownies. And I have to say they turned out to be my favorite! 
Here's the bread recipe.
And here's the brownie recipe.

Oh and in case you're wondering...


 87 more days until we're married!!!
Yay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment