Friday, July 13, 2012

4th of July!

Okay I know I'm a little late with this post but hey, better late than never! So on the 3rd I got off of work and went over to Jacob's parents only to find out that pretty much everyone had the 4th off but me. Boo! So I worked from 9-5 on the 4th. Not too bad. And I got holiday pay. Yay! When I finally got off we were in the mood for burgers... but too lazy to cook them. So Jacob and I went to Carter Burger instead. Haha. And then we headed off to the George Bush Library. It was a good night. But afterwards there were way too many people to wait for the shuttle and we ended up walking back to the car. Not a good night to be wearing sandals. Ouchie. After that we ate some Spoons and called it a night. It was a good 4th. Although next year I really want to actually do fireworks. Stupid city limit laws. Here's some pictures :)


On the shuttle!
So this is how taking pictures always goes for us... I try to take a normal picture but he decides to be silly.


So I give in and take a silly one.


And then I get him to actually smile.
Compromise, right? Haha.


Waiting for the show to start.


And after a few unsuccessful attempts we finally got a shot with us and a firework. Yay!


After working all week and weekend, Sunday night I finally got to go home for a few days. It was raining pretty much the whole time I was there so the only thing I really did was laundry and be lazy. It was nice :) haha.

I finally finished a project the I started weeks ago. Okay it took like 20 minutes, I just haven't gotten around to it. Don't judge. I like the way it turned out!


Before the etching...


And after with the tickets in it.

Oh and when I bought the shadow box they had a sale and I ended up getting a picture frame too.


It's cute!


And I made it even cuter :)
The first picture I did in color, but I didn't like the way it looked so I did it again in black and white.


And used the color one to give to Jacob.

That's about it for now. But this weekend Jacob and I are going to Waco with his parents to see his sister's family. And next weekend we're going to San Antonio to meet up with my family. Can't wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment